Principal Software Engineer - Remote
The Global Retail Markets US Service Technology team is actively seeking to hire a Principal Software Engineer focused on Contact Center Technologies. In this role you will partner closely with our product owners and work across Agile delivery teams to help improve upon our Contact Center offerings by creating, deploying and supporting new applications and services, enhancing the User Interface that is presented to our teams. This opportunity will also have focus on expanding our omnichannel capabilities, enabling our Customers to better engage with Liberty Mutual representatives across a number of diverse methods.
- Collaborative partner:
- Working within our GRM Services Tech team of engineers, scrum masters, and product owners you'll tackle technical challenges and ensure quality as we move to next-generation applications
- Comprehensive problem-solver:
- As you manage the end-to-end development of software products, you'll analyze issues at the system level and handle any complications that arise by implementing effective solutions
- Skilled technical engineer:
- You'll document and lead the implementation of technical features, improvements, and innovations
- Forward thinker:
- Simply fixing the problem isn't enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality and efficiency during our team's innovation time
In this role you would:
- Develop and maintain scalable, effective, defect-free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Leverage Agile/Scrum techniques to convert user needs into working applications that satisfy customer requirements
- Interact with customers and development team to gather and define requirements.
- Work within project team (Engineers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, etc.) on iterative development that delivers a high-quality product.
- Craft and analyze user stories for validity and feasibility.
- Provide functional/system integration testing support; Develop system/application architecture; Develop production support documentation.
- Plan work out appropriately, proactively escalates issues that may impact scope, schedule, budget.
- Mentor new Engineers and junior Engineers.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- Experience with Contact Center Technologies is nice to have
- High Proficiency with API development using Java, Node.js, or Typescript
- Demonstrate active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD pipelines and continuous testing frameworks (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, Mocha/Karma, etc.)
- Familiarity and drive to learn serverless technologies (AWS, MS Azure)
- Familiarity with test-and-learn approaches using web and customer analytics data, understanding how these drive hypotheses-based development
- Experience with application observability tools and techniques
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, XP)
- Bachelors or master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of professional experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit:
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Similar jobs near me
- Starting a Career of a Restaurant Server: Job Description and Responsibilities
- How To Land a Job As a Server: 7 Worth Considering Points
- Beyond the Dining Room: Exploring Career Paths and the Job Market for Restaurant Servers
- Behind the Scenes: Exploring the Dynamic Job Environment of Restaurant Servers
- Education for Restaurant Servers: Essential Training and Skills for a Successful Career