Director Sustainability Science & Strategy (Full Time Remote or Hybrid)
Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Are you ready to bring your passion and expertise to Target to help cultivate a powerfully positive local and global presence? For the experienced corporate responsibility pro with a strong and time-tested background in non-profit leadership, a role in CR could be that just-right fit. Join our team where business savvy meets the greater good and you'll soon see-this about so much more than volunteerism. You'll rise to the challenge of maintaining Target's good stewardship of the environment, its resources and its key partnerships with other organizations. As part of CR, the Target Foundation focuses on where to best allocate funds to support various programs and initiatives. Or you might assist with sustainable global sourcing practices, and projects that foster environmental responsibility and ways to minimize our footprint at both the macro and store levels. Whatever your role with CR, you'll help influence how Target leverages its distinctive brand and unparalleled resources to set the bar for responsible, sustainable and charitable business practices.
The Dir Sustainability Science & Strategy will oversee a corporate team of scientists and analysts focusing on ensuring Target's sustainability commitments and strategies are led by the best available environmental science and business insights. The Sr. Sustainability Scientist will lead and mentor a small team of environmental scientists/engineers and analysts to execute projects, collaborate with subject matter and functional experts, manage assessment and remediation programs, and support business development activities. This role will ensure that relevant Target's Sustainability strategies, goals, and commitments are grounded in science and business priorities, and consistent with existing and/or future legislation and regulatory frameworks.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Ph.D/MS. from an environmental sciences-based field (eg, Environmental Health, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Earth Sciences, Chemistry, etc.)
- 5+ years of academic or industry research experience conducting sustainability research and/or driving sustainability improvements.
- Experience with major U.S. environmental regulations
- Experience managing, evaluating, and analyzing environmental data
- Excellent writing skills and proficient at communicating from simple to highly complex/technical topics.
- Demonstrated ability in high-profile oral communications
- Experience building high-impact PowerPoint presentations and simplify complex topics to make it accessible to a broader set of stakeholders.
- Proficient in Excel and Access; ability to use additional data management platforms and coding programs preferred
- Ability to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong commitment to personal and professional development
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location . A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
The salary range is $119,500-$215,100.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Similar director of activities jobs in minnesota
- director of activities jobs jobs near me
- director jobs near me
- Activities Director at Ridgeview Place Senior Living
- Activities Director at Ridgeview Place Senior Living
- Activities Director Interim 21-22 School Year at Sartell-St. Stephen Independent School District 748
- Planning Director at Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Life Enrichment Director / Recreation Director at Presbyterian Homes & Services
- Solar Vegetation Manager at Prairie Restorations
- Program Director II at The Salvation Army