Customer Success Manager
Smarter Sorting helps companies know more about consumer products to make, market, and move them better for our planet. Our customers are the places you shop every day, like Costco and Albertsons, and brands such as Lysol, Dawn, and Colgate. They use our product intelligence to identify how to best handle regulated consumer products across the supply chain to remain compliant, avoid fines and reduce their environmental impact.
We have brought together a passionate team of math nerds, chemistry wizards, and retail pros. We work smart, and we get stuff done. Our innovation, impact, and employee experience awards are pretty cool: Fast Company Most Innovative Companies, Built In Best Place to Work, Real Leader Impact Award, and SEAL Sustainable Innovation Award.
Join us to make a difference that matters.
The Customer Success Manager will engage customers in our SMB and Enterprise Segment, delivering 1:Many, 1:Few, and 1:1 engagements for our suppliers. The role involves the management of existing accounts through the renewal of agreements as well as finding new opportunities within the account base. As a Customer Success Manager, you will engage with multiple stakeholders within organizations to understand their objectives, outcomes, and provide recommendations on how to best utilize SmarterX. The role of the Customer Success Manager is crucial in helping to improve brand adoption and grow value with our customers.
As a Customer Success Manager, you are passionate about helping brands become successful. You bring expertise to help guide and onboard customers on time based on their goals. You are a team player who wants to learn and enjoys contributing to a highly-skilled, high-performing team.
The ideal candidate is organized, agile, and passionate about learning how to empower our customers. You will understand how Retailers and Brands work together and demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills in a personal and group setting. You will deliver value to customers and internal teams using your product knowledge.
As Our Customer Success Manager, You Will:
- Lead commercial conversations with customer base (SME) to ensure agreement structures properly support suppliers' needs and objectives.
- Responsible for managing the entire renewal sales cycle, including new business, upsells and renewals, and maintaining a rolling forecast for the next 6 months.
- Work collaboratively with SmarterX teams, including Onboarding Specialists, Retail Account Managers, and Support to drive alignment and meet suppliers' needs.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with business and technical stakeholders to create customer advocates.
- Understand and articulate SmarterX's impact through effective positioning relative to status quo, market competitors, and our Retail partners.
- Educate existing and new brands on SmarterX and the continuous improvement of our platform via 1:1 and 1:Many training.
- Identify and understand areas for improvement to communicate and advocate internally on behalf of suppliers.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- 2-5+ Years of professional experience with a SaaS Company in a Customer facing role and/or Account Management Role.
- Prior experience with executing Enterprise Agreements with large Brands.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams while also being able to work independently as a self-starter.
- Familiarity with SFDC, Front, and similar technologies.
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and graphic).
- Solution-focused problem-solving.
- Project management experience is a plus.
Compensation: From $85,000 - $105,000 depending on experience
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
401k Program with Non-Elective Company Contribution
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Parental Leave (Maternity & Paternity/ Secondary Care Giver)
Short-term Disability Insurance
Discounted Pet Insurance
Flexible Paid Time Off and 14 Company Holidays
Job Related, Continuing Education Support
All-Hands Offsite, Volunteering
Remote Office Stipend
Annual Costco Membership
Annual State or National Parks Pass
You choose us not only because this is the role you've been waiting for, but also because we are a purpose-driven company committed to our mission. You'll be joining a group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, recovering consultants and national account program managers whose passion for data-driven sustainability drives us. You choose us because our values resonate with you. At Smarter Sorting this means: We do what it takes. We begin from a position of curiosity. We are driven to become experts. We are real. We have grit. You share our belief that a healthy culture is key to the company's success and more importantly our employees' happiness.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
At Smarter Sorting, we understand that a workforce that includes a robust mix of genders, ages, ethnicities, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds is more likely to reflect a variety of perspectives and thought patterns - leading to more innovation, brainstorming, problem-solving and strategizing. That is why we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.