Remote Handling Robotics Engineer
Spectra Tech is an engineering, environmental, and nuclear services company that provides high-quality and cost-effective technical solutions for U.S. Federal agencies, government contractors, and private commercial companies worldwide.
Spectra Tech is in need of a Remote Handling Robotics Engineer for a position in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Responsibilities will include planning/conducting individually assigned engineering tasks or participation in a portion of a larger task or project. Additional responsibilities could include completing assignments in the areas of design reviews, proposal development, work scoping/planning, or other general engineering tasks as directed.
Responsibilities may include:
Development of engineering packages (drawings, specifications, other technical documents) for the equipment;
Interfacing with project management, other engineering disciplines, procurement personnel, and startup/operations personnel throughout the equipment development life cycle;
Providing requirements for facility design/layout to facilitate equipment access, performance of maintenance/inspection, and equipment removal;
Providing recommendations with respect to equipment standardization/modularization;
Ensuring compliance with government, organization, and customer engineering requirements, standards and procedures.
- B.S., Mechanical (or related discipline)
- 5+ years experience in the design of robotic systems for remote handling in radioactive environments.
- Adv. knowledge of engineering standards & criteria
- Strong problem identification/resolution skills
- Attention to detail & schedule sensitivity
- Ability to develop & maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Prof. w/Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52.00 - $100.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlotte, NC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- design of robotic systems for remote handling: 5 years (Preferred)
- radioactive environments: 5 years (Preferred)
- Development of engineering packages: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Similar jobs near me
- Employee Discounts 101: What You Need to Know
- Understanding the Basics of Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- The Importance of Developing an Effective Employee Engagement Strategy
- How Do Employee Stock Purchase Plans (ESPPs) Work?
- The Benefits and Risks of Employee Stock Ownership Plans: Pros and Cons for Business Owners and Employees