What makes Admiral Insurance Group ADMIRABLE.
Since 1974, Admiral Insurance Group has been supporting business innovation and market growth through our wholesale-dedicated excess and surplus (E&S) lines of commercial insurance. We specialize in underwriting difficult-to-place moderate to high-risk commercial businesses that require creative solutions, outside of the box thinking, entrepreneurial spirit and astute business knowledge. As a member of the W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500® Company and one of the nation’s premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers, we have the resources, support and industry data to provide exceptional service and exciting solutions for our clients and partners.
Unlock your insure-ability.
The Underwriting Assistant will provide general underwriting support to the Department including the processing of binders, policies, endorsements, submissions and other client related correspondence for new and existing accounts.
- Binder & policy issuance.
- Processing of endorsements and related correspondence.
- Requests additional information for subjectivities, endorsements, surplus lines taxes.
- Issues notices of cancellation, non-renewal notices or reinstatements within authority.
- Responsible for accuracy and maintenance documentation in underwriting files.
- Detail oriented and uses sound judgement to problem solve.
- Provides backup support for clearance processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma required; Degree Preferred.
- Experience with Commercial Casualty coverages is ideal.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of commercial lines insurance experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong analytical and prioritization skills.
- Proven capability for client servicing.
- Proven capability to verbalize and implement innovative ideas.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Work may be performed primarily in an office.
- Must be able to work on multiple assignments, under moderate stress levels.