Category Manager - Remote
Job Family: SCM-Procurement / Supply Chain Logistics
Req ID: 344222
Are you interested in working for a company named by Fast Company as World Changing Company of the Year and Best Workplaces for Innovators and named #1 in Forbes 2022 Worlds Most Admired Companies List.
We are Siemens, we create technology with purpose adding real value for customers. By combining the real and the digital worlds, we empower our customers to transform their industries and markets, helping them to transform the everyday for billions of people.
The Procurement Category Manager (CM) will manage all aspects of the supply base within the Building Automation category. The CM will work with the project business organization to drive savings within the Building Automation category. The CM will be capable of managing multiple priorities, deadlines and projects. The successful CM will develop relationships with internal stakeholders and become a valued partner in the sourcing process.
This position is an individual contributor.
Assigned Category: Building Automation Devices (Sensors, Meters, etc)
Category Strategies: Develop category strategies for assigned spend groups of field direct materials, including analyzing and developing sourcing strategies, spend compliance and vendor rationalization strategies for these categories.
Supplier Relationship Management: Manage relationship with all assigned suppliers. Relationship includes negotiating pricing, monitoring performance to agreed terms and conditions, new vendor on boarding, and adherence to company priorities including cybersecurity and sustainability. Collaborate with key suppliers to expand knowledge of category and identify opportunities for improvements resulting in a joint benefit to Siemens and supplier. Leverage supplier expertise and/or technology in an effort to harness innovation. Collaborate with global commodity management and/or product management while optimizing company-wide buying power by reviewing the financial, quality, pricing, service, and availability level of suppliers.
Contractual Agreements: Develop and negotiate contractual agreements to provide price protection and supply security in consultation with legal, business and technical functions. Execute requirements per terms of the agreements.
Project/Program Management: Manage assigned project or programs to ensure effective rollout and adoption. Maintain ongoing updates taking customer feedback into consideration. Use program or project to drive internal innovation for Siemens.
Supplier Quality: Engage suppliers in an effort to provide long term solutions to quality issues. Develop and lead quality agreement negotiations. Provide recommendations specific to the category being sourced. Coordinate cross functional and business discussions to drive continuous improvement opportunities throughout the organization. Monitor quality and delivery performance of key suppliers.
Risk Management: Develop supplier relationships resulting in optimized supply chain efficiencies and security of supply. Evaluate supplier's capabilities and capacities while implementing plans to ensure adequate supply of goods and services. Negotiate agreements with suppliers that mitigate or spread the overall risk.
Specification Review: Review project specific product specifications to determine alternate supplier material to introduce enhanced competition. Ability to engage in technical discussions with internal and external partners on assigned commodities. Able to analyze and propose design to cost opportunities and manage through to completion.
Early Supplier Involvement: Implementing the procurement aspects of the Siemens Product Lifecycle Process for new product development as needed. Involve supplier knowledge at an early stage in order to optimize the quality, manufacturability, and cost position on new products.
- Create planning tools and management reports in conjunction with Product Management (where applicable) that provide a more systematic and organized approach to planning the procurement functions. Ensure purchasing database integrity including Supplier files. Keep current on developments in area of expertise and company purchasing resources, systems, and procedures. Ability to work individually and within a team environment with Product Management, Product Engineering, Operations, Category Managers, Quality Engineers, Accounting, Suppliers and other functional departments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Commodity/Category Management or Mechanical Engineering experience 3 years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with inter and intra departmental personnel, as well as management Strong computer skills - Microsoft products
- Digital mindset, experience with dashboards (QlikSense, Tableau, etc.) Successful experiences in negotiating with senior level managers Demonstrated understanding of entire supply chain and cost drivers Demonstrated data and financial analysis capability
- Cross functional/organizational project management and facilitation skills (internal and external)
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to work effectively from home office
- 5% travel required
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Experience in Siemens business systems
- Building Automation devices knowledge and experience CPM, CPSM certification Experience with electronic purchasing tools Demonstrated knowledge of category management/strategic sourcing concepts Solid continuous improvement skills
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf) .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here (https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html) .
Similar director supply chain jobs in olympia wa
- director supply chain jobs jobs near me
- category manager jobs near me
- Director, Supply Chain Planning at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Regional Operational Procurement Manager at Eaton Corporation
- CFCI Strategy Supply Chain & Procurement Program Manager at Facebook
- E2E Sustainable Supply Chain - Manager - Consulting - Location Open at EY
- Manager Finance, Supply Chain at Est�e Lauder Companies
- Global SIOP & Materials Manager at Eaton Corporation
- Director, Program Management at SunPower