Inpatient Facility Coder HIMS Remote
Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Department Name:Coding-Acute Care Hospital
Job Category:Revenue Cycle
Primary Location Salary Range:$21.20/hr - $31.81/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Health care is full of possibilities. Medical Coders play a pivotal role in ensuring patients receive the best at Banner Health. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health. Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve.
As a Acute Care Inpatient Facility HIMS Coder Remote - Medical Coder you will have the remarkable opportunity to work remotely and still be part of an engaged team who works hard every day to make healthcare easier, so life can be better. Bring your attention to detail, your Acute Care Inpatient Coding experience (ideally of at least 1 year+ experience directly applying Inpatient Facility Coding - not physician/pro fee based coding) , as well as your Coding Certification ( CCS or CPC or CCS-P or RHIT or RHIA in an active status) to accurately translate physician's notes to ensure patients are billed correctly. The hours are flexible with some minor parameters. Banner ACC positions offer opportunities for growth both within the coding department, including roles such as Coding Educator, Coding Quality Analyst and supervisory/management opportunities. Additionally, as part of the Revenue Cycle team, there are opportunities within that team. In most of our Coding roles, there is a Coding Assessment given after each successful interview. Banner Health provides your equipment when hired. You will be fully supported in training for 1 month+ according to individual need, with continued support throughout your career here!
This is a fully remote position and available if you live in the following states only: AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI & WY.
The hours are flexible as we have remote Coders across the Nation. Generally any 8 hour period between 7am - 7pm can work, with production being the greatest emphasis.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position evaluates medical records, provides clinical abstracts and assigns appropriate clinical diagnosis and procedure codes in accordance with nationally recognized coding guidelines.
1. Analyzes medical information from medical records. Accurately codes diagnostic and procedural information in accordance with national coding guidelines and appropriate reimbursement requirements. Consults with medical providers to clarify missing or inadequate record information and to determine appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes. Provides thorough, timely and accurate assignments of ICD and/or CPT4 codes, MS-DRGs, APCs, POAs and reconciliation of charges.
2. Abstracts clinical diagnoses, procedure codes and documents other pertinent information obtained from the medical record into the electronic medical records. Seeks out missing information and creates complete records, including items such as disease and procedure codes, point of origin code, discharge disposition, date of surgery, attending physician, consulting physicians, surgeons and anesthesiologists, and appropriate signatures/authorizations. Refers inconsistent patient treatment information/documentation to coding quality analysis, supervisor or individual department for clarification/additional information for accurate code assignment.
3. Provides quality assurance for medical records. For all assigned records and/or areas assures compliance with coding rules and regulations according to regulatory agencies for state Medicaid plans, Center for Medicare Services (CMS), Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA), as well as company and applicable professional standards.
4. As assigned, compiles daily and monthly reports; tabulates data from medical records for research or analysis purposes.
5. Works independently under regular supervision. Uses specialized knowledge for accurate assignment of ICD/CPT and MS-DRG codes according to national guidelines. May seek guidance for correct interpretation of coding guidelines and LCDs (Local Coverage Determinations).
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and specialized formal training equivalent to the two year certification course in medical record keeping principles and practices, anatomy, physiology, pathology, medical terminology, standard nomenclature, and classification of diagnoses and operations, or an Associate's degree in a related health care field.
Must demonstrate a level of knowledge and understanding of ICD and CPT coding principles as recommended by the American Health Information Management Association coding competencies, and as normally demonstrated by certification by the American Academy of Professional Coders. Six months providing coding services within a broad range of health care facilities. Must be able to achieve an acceptable accuracy rate on the coding test administered by the hiring facility according to pre-established company standards.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software and coding software and abstracting systems.
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Professional Coder (CPC) in an active status or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) with American Health Information Management Association or American Academy of Professional Coders is preferred. Will consider experience in lieu of certification/degree.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Similar certified medical coder jobs in denver co
- certified medical coder jobs jobs near me
- coder hims jobs near me
- Behavioral Health Coder Physician Practice Remote at Banner Health
- Coder General Surgery Trauma Remote at Banner Health
- HCC Coder, Physician Practice - Remote at Banner Health
- HCC Coder Physician Practice Remote at Banner Health
- Medical Coder I - Sign on Bonus at The Urology Center of Colorado
- Certified Professional Coder at Skylight Health Group
- Medical Coder I - Sign on Bonus at the urology center of colorado