Senior Software Engineer - Frontend (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
DAT is an award-winning employer of choice and a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 44 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 227 million freight posts in 2021, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is headquartered in Denver, CO. We have a second campus in the Portland, OR area, where we got our start four decades ago, and we have additional offices in Springfield, MO and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT is looking for Senior Software Engineer, Frontend to join our team in Denver, CO.
As a Senior Front End Developer at DAT you will be responsible for designing and building solutions that drive the freight matching business for our external customers. In this role, you will work with our team of data scientists and data visualization experts using cutting edge tools to develop products that are reliable, scalable, and sustainable. You ll make use of DAT s lifeblood, which is the data from our industry dominant network of brokers and carriers to create visualizations and applications that drive insight across the industry.
What You ll Do
- Work developing front end components to present DAT data in new and creative ways
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights for our customers into the freight industry.
- Document software designs and project tasks
- Participate in design/code reviews
The Skills You ll Need
- Experience interacting with, and building, RESTful API.
- Strong proficiency with front end technologies such as CSS, JS, and HTML.
- Experience creating and contributing to data driven websites that provide end users with actionable insights.
- Working knowledge of DevOps pipeline and build/deploy tools
- Ability to collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, and UX/UI Designers to distill high level requirements into actionable technical requirements.
- Experience with charting and data visualization Libraries; Chart JS, AM Charts, D3 etc.
- Experience working with Component libraries such as Story Book.
For Colorado-based candidates, in compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $130,000.00 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience. DAT considers factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education and training, core skills, internal equity, and market and business elements when extending an offer.