Manager, Finance & Strategy - Remote
Every day, we do exciting work that makes a difference to startup founders and business owners. At Pilot you will be helping clients solve critical financial and business strategy challenges. Our team works with a multitude of high growth startup founders from different industries and stages as their trusted advisor and hands-on strategic finance consultant.
As a Manager on the CFO Services team, you will work with colleagues from the top tech companies, private equity, and investment banking firms. Together, our team delivers world-class strategic finance advice and fundraising consulting. You will have endless opportunities to be a problem solver, creative thinker, and new business builder.
That's life at Pilot. It could be for you.
- Implement rigorous problem solving to help solve clients' toughest issues on how to grow their business and manage their finances
- Bring the latest analytical techniques plus a deep understanding of financial modeling to help clients develop financial models, budgets and forecasts
- Be the world's preeminent financial services tech-enabled firm - trusted advisor for our clients on their most important financial and business decisions
- Build long-term relationships and drive superior financial returns based on unique business insights
- Partner with clients to help them deliver measurable and sustainable improvements in financial and business KPIs
- Keep business plans and projects on track and on budget with ongoing budget management and monitoring for variance reporting and rolling forecasts
- Support successful investor discussion and board meetings by analyzing and tracking relevant KPIs
In partnership with the team and cross-functional partners, you will also:
- Identify areas of opportunity within Pilot CFO Services and develop strategies to address them
- Mentor new and less experienced members of the team
- Recommend and drive process improvements to maximize accuracy and efficiency within our offering
We are looking for people who demonstrate these aspects:
- 2-4 years of relevant finance and strategy experience; previous experience in in a fast-growing tech environment; investment banking or consulting is a plus
- Advanced Excel modeling skills with the ability to own financial models end-to-end, as well as ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy
- Highly analytical with ability to consume, process, and prioritize large amounts of unstructured information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Exceptional attention to detail and able to work independently to deliver accurate, high-quality outputs with minimal oversight
- Maintain a high level of integrity in your work
- Highly entrepreneurial and able to thrive in ambiguity and fast-paced environment
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with the immediate team, cross functional partners and function leads
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the Back Office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene.
- We invest in our employees' development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents - 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The base pay range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $101,000 - $171,000 in most remote locations, and between $126,000 - $171,000 in San Francisco, CA and New York City, NY. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, Full time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.