Senior Software Engineer - Trading Platforms - Chicago, Remote
- Flexible working and growth options for a Fortune 500 Financial Markets Firm
- Collaborative and supportive agile working environment in Chicago, IL
About Our Client
We are a Fortune 500 company that operates a leading network of global futures, equity and equity options exchanges, as well as global clearing and data services across financial and commodity markets.
By putting the needs of our customers and global participants first, we are a high-growth company that started by bringing transparency and risk management to the global derivatives markets. We're engineers, strategists and problem-solvers who continually create and improve technology that solves market structure challenges on behalf of the industry.
We provide an extensive range of financial market data services and analytics to thousands of customers worldwide, including banks, brokerage firms, mutual funds companies, ETF sponsors, hedge funds, pension funds, insurance companies and asset management firms. In addition, our offerings are also used by financial information providers, information media companies, and VARs such as software providers, processors, custodians and other outsourcing organizations.
We're looking for a Java Developer in our Chicago, IL office. The Java Developer will help us architect and build our next generation services for financial markets. In addition to having experience building full stack web applications, the candidate should have excellent communication skills. Our firm is a fast moving environment that values concise and effective communication.
The candidate must also be a team player that can work independently, escalating issues when appropriate. Our fluid team works well together and can take constructive criticism in the spirit of improving software quality. This person will be involved in all aspects of software development, from architecture to design, coding, testing, and performance tuning. This is a very hands-on role where you will have immediate impact on our current development projects.
- Analyze requirements and propose technical solutions in delivering projects within expected parameters of cost, time and quality.
- Work with project managers to compile a work breakdown structure of tasks for a given deliverable and provide realistic estimates for completing the assignment.
- Develop and unit test all functions created or modified according to software development best practices.
- Collaborate with other Developers and QA Engineers to execute full cycle integration, functional and regression testing. Own and resolve all priority defects identified within the developer's codebase in a timely fashion.
- Promote software changes across all environments, safely and responsibly, through to Live Production.
- Provide on-call technical support during business and occasionally, off hours depending on rotation and/or subject-matter expertise on a given component.
- Participate in team exercises to identify and implement areas for continuous improvement.
- Work with other teams to understand business and technical requirements and come up with meaningful solutions.
- Develop detailed design specifications including interface to Back End server and service modules.
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Remain current with the latest technology and business topics.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong development experience with Core and Enterprise Java
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Must have 5 or more years of work experience in a Software Development role
- 2+ years of experience at a financial institution (major bank, hedge fund, prop shop) in their financial markets technology departments is preferred
- Experience with CDS Market is a plus
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from business and technical staff both internal and external to the company
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment and deliver quality software to production within tight schedules
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and timelines
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed in performing responsibilities
- 3 or more years of developing large scale enterprise applications using Java
- 3 or more years using modern frameworks such as Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Camel, etc
- 3 or more years using database development concepts (SQL, PL/SQL, views, etc.)
- Experience with Microservice/SOA based architecture
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with load/performance testing
- Experience developing distributed, High-Performance, Resilient Architecture
- Experience using one or more of the following: JMS, REST, WebSockets, Kafka, Redis
- Experience with modern UI frameworks such as ReactJs, AngularJs, NodeJs, is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL and big data is a plus
We'd love someone who is also comfortable with and will compensate accordingly for:
- Financial Markets: Experience with OTC Credit Derivatives and/or other OTC derivatives - Interest Rate, Structured Products, Options. Candidate with good understanding and experience in working with Pricing/Risk Management/Portfolio Margining Models and Systems is preferred.
- Mathematics: Comfortable with Financial Mathematics - including basic statistics and calculus. Familiar with the use of statistical and stochastic models in pricing of financial derivatives.
What's on Offer
- Base salary negotiable depending on experience level, interview process, team value
- Discretionary bonuses
- Stock options, discounts
- Full health, dental, vision insurance benefits
- Life, Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Flexible PTO, negotiable
- Maternal and Paternal Leave
- Free gym membership in building
- Quarterly performance reviews every 90 days
- High ceiling growth potential
- Company merchandise
Email or call to be considered immediately within 24 hours.
Similar general help jobs in oak park il
- general help jobs jobs near me
- senior software engineer jobs near me
- Porter - Work with a Fortune 500 Company! at BenchConnect - Compass Group
- Project Manager - General Construction - Oak Park, IL at Michael Page International Inc
- Transport Tech at Rush University Medical Center
- Home Care Aide at Help At Home
- Food Service Worker - Immediate Work Available! at BenchConnect - Compass Group
- Physical Therapist at Rush Oak Park
- Senior Software Engineer - Trading Platforms - Chicago, Remote at Michael Page International Inc.