SR Applications Development Analyst-ServiceNow-Remote
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative, and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
Remote roles can be located in any of the states where Honeywell Federal Manufacturing &
Technologies, LLC is authorized to do business.** Some roles, however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations.
**Honeywell Federal Manufacturing is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If
you are not located in or able to work from a state where Honeywell Federal Manufacturing &
Technologies is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
You will join our Functional Applications team with a focus on IT Service Management Applications and Application Development within the IT division at the Kansas City National Security Campus. Responsibilities will include leading application analysis, design, development, integration, and enhancements for multiple, concurrent technical projects and/or support efforts. You should be a great teammate with good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Summary of Duties:
- Defines, develops, or modifies application modules or enterprise-wide software systems using disciplined software development processes and makes modules production ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control document, etc.
- Identifies system requirements, develops application specifications, leads conversion and migration efforts, and develops convergence plans toward standards.
- Resolves highly complex computer security issues by crafting, developing, and implementing creative technical solutions.
- Actively analyzes existing applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Oversees or leads the evaluation and selection process for application packages.
- Defines development guidelines and standards to be utilized in software development/integration including developing custom integration solutions with major enhancements, interfaces, functions, and features.
- Demonstrates project management skills and serves as a technical lead on IT projects.
- Provides technical guidance or business process expertise, technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members both inside and outside their areas of responsibility while looking for ways to apply the latest technologies for improvements to software and organizational effectiveness.
- Participates in planning sessions with customers to improve business processes and prioritize investments.
- Works closely with Technical Review Board and Enterprise Architects to assure all systems are in line with the long-term corporate and IT strategy.
- Provides buy vs. build recommendations, including advising on system options, risks, return on investment, and impact to business processes.
- Ensures the alignment to quality standards and procedures, reviews modules for quality assurance, and ensures compliance with application architecture standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leads the development of guidelines and standards to be utilized in software development/ integration including developing and leading implementation plans for integration testing.
- Collaborates with testing teams to incorporate plans into integration testing process.
You Must Have:
- Five (5) or more years of direct work experience, to include two (2) or more years of direct work experience with ServiceNow or other cloud ITSM product
- Bachelor’s degree, certification or two (2) additional years of direct work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree and certification
- US citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept of Energy “Q” level security clearance
- 3 years demonstrated experience in IT Service Management application development and support such as Service Now, SolarWinds, IBM Maximo, BMC, Remedy, etc
- 6 years on ServiceNow and / or another ITSM/ITAM/ITOM product
- Experience with new implementation, general support, and custom development
- Demonstrated knowledge of ITIL methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of Asset Management such as ServiceNow ITAM, Maximo, ERP asset management, etc
- Experience with support and development of other ServiceNow modules such as HR
- Demonstrated knowledge of version control such as Subversion or Git
- Oracle Database experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Cyber Security design requirements including resolving complex security issues by developing and implementing innovative technical solutions
- Demonstrated experience with engineered systems, esp RedHat, and/or Windows Server support
- Demonstrated experience with cloud application development and deployment
- Demonstrated high and broad industry knowledge
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
Remote roles can be located in any of the states where Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies, LLC is authorized to do business. ** Some roles, however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations.
**Honeywell Federal Manufacturing is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Similar software development analyst jobs in kansas
- software development analyst jobs jobs near me
- development jobs near me
- Programmer Analyst at Spirit AeroSystems
- Programming Analyst at CTG
- Applications Development Analyst II at Honeywell
- Developer Analyst III at Johnson County Kansas
- Programmer Analyst/Developer - Business 3 at Spirit AeroSystems
- Sr Applications Developer Analyst at Honeywell
- SOA Developer/Analyst at Global Business and Technologies Associates