Plant Human Resources Manager
LHH Recruitment Solutions has partnered with a growing manufacturer in Cicero, IL area and they are looking to add a Plant Human Resources Manager to their organization. This is a Direct Hire opportunity. You will be responsible labor relations and HR Generalist duties for a plant of 125 employees (union and non-union employees). This is a sole HR Manager at the plant, but part of a larger Human Resources team with corporate support.
As an ideal candidate, you will have a minimum of five years of human resources experience within a unionized environment supporting plant employees. A Bachelor's Degree is required. Must have strong overall HR Generalist experience with strong labor relations exposure. This is an exceptional opportunity for you to learn and grow within a highly productive and growing organization. You will receive a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package.
- Provide HR support to all employees at the plant, including all hourly and salaried employees. Union and non-union environment.
- Handles all employee relations and labor relations activities at the site.
- Serves as the main point of contact to support and assess labor and employee relations issues.
- Conducts thorough and objective investigations and gathers information for all employee and labor relations matters such as harassment allegations and work complaints.
- Partners with Labor Relations Manager and legal as necessary on labor relations escalated matters.
- Drafts all employee relations letters for the plant and maintains discipline and termination documentation.
- Collaborates with Labor Relations Manager to collect information and data to assess cost and policy implications of negotiation and disputes. This includes the management of union proposals, pay scale, wages, benefits, working conditions, and other mitigating circumstances.
- Assists in the preparation of labor agreements, plans, policies, and documents.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations related to EEO, affirmative action, collective bargaining, unions, labor relations, and human resources.
- Provides performance management guidance to the line management to include coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions.
- Works closely with plant management and employees to improve working relationships, build morale, increase productivity, and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Supports corporate HR initiatives such as performance development, engagement, and training.
- Conducts on-boarding for all plant employees (new hire paperwork, I-9's, and E-verify).
- Works closely with corporate HR departments on general HR matters (talent management, benefits, etc.).
- Maintains Workday HRIS documentation for all plant employees.
- A minimum of five years of human resources experience within a unionized environment supporting plant employees.
- Has proven experience working with unions.
- Strong HR Generalist experience with exposure in labor relations, employee relations, compensation, diversity, leadership development, HRIS, performance development, and federal and state employment laws.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Workday HRIS is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management.
- Master's Degree in Human Resources Management is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence participants and decision makers.
- Effective vision to develop and implement new strategies to address competitive and complex plant issues.
- Must be a motivated and passionate professional that is comfortable in a hands-on impactful and highly visible role.
- Flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Self-directed and motivated.
If you are a passionate Plant Human Resources Manager looking for a new and rewarding career, please apply today! You don't want to miss out on this opportunity!
LHH is a leader in permanent recruitment-and in the placement of top talent. Our areas of specialty include office administration, customer service, human resources, engineering, and supply chain and logistics. Please feel to check us out and apply for other opportunities if this role isn't a perfect match.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.