Local Unit & Position Description
DNV Global Shared Services is looking for an Oracle EBS EBTax SME to join the team for our US office.
This position is based out of our DNV office in Miami, FL.
What You’ll Do
Overall responsible for managing and maintaining the Global Template as well as Country Specific requirement related to Oracle (EBS) Finance -eBtax (E-business Tax) and tax handlings of invoices from different sources (e.
g., Order Management, Projects, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, etc.) and Oracle Core Finance modules in Oracle EBS, and the full end-to-end process according to agreed standards and best practice
- Responsible for having a good overview of the eco-system related to the Finance area
- Develop and conduct reviews and QAs of training material, test scripts etc.
- Provide investigation and resolution to incidents and defects related to the full end-to-end process, Oracle EBS modules and connected systems to the Finance domain, considering root cause resolution, scalability, and future proofing
- Establishing the solution / providing clarifications related to new Finance functionality
- Ensure that new requirements are developed, tested, and implemented according to agreed standards and best practices
- Deliver communication to end-users / super users is fit-for-purpose in content, format and delivery channel and drive efficient methods (e.
g., templates) that allow for standardization
- Foster an environment where quality is embedded in all working processes, with a key focus on quality analysis, design, development, and testing
- Embed customer centricity in the services
What is Required
- Minimum 12 years of Oracle EBS implementation experience (overall) is a must
- Minimum 8 years of functional experience in Oracle eBtax (primary), including at least one ebtax implementation for the US
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP)
- Hands-on experience in full configurations / setups of Oracle E-Business Tax (eBtax), resolving issues, and addressing root causes
- Experience in setting up outgoing and incoming indirect tax rules in eBtax
- Business experience with US sales tax, use tax, Canadian GST and HST
- Experience in the VAT (e.g., Europe and other regions), Sales Tax (e.g., North America), GST (e.g., Singapore, Brazil) and compliance requirements
- Experience in Tax Withholding (direct tax) and knowledge of Withholding Tax treaties
- Experience in configuring Oracle finance modules - Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP) & General Ledger (GL)
- Experience in accounting setups in core finance models in Oracle EBS
- Involved in full life cycle Oracle EBS implementations for global organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance / Accounting or Computer Science
- Customer focused and solution oriented
- Proven track record of meeting timelines and deliverables to a high quality
- Ability to identify, resolve, mitigate and escalate issues as they occur
- Acknowledges and follows the procedures for developing and deploying solutions and fixes as well as proactively drive continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
What is Preferred
- Hands-on functional experience in implementing Ebtax for US, Canada, Mexico and / or Brazil based legal entities for a global organization
- Experience in Fixed Assets, Projects, Order Management and intercompany (e.g., AGIS)
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of relevant end-to-end Finance processes and Oracle modules
What is your Personality
- You are passionate about service delivery
- You are open minded
- You want to make an impact and are ready to go the extra mile to make it happen
- You are confident in working in dynamic environment, managing change, and willing to support colleagues through change life cycle
- You are a team player and results oriented
- You demonstrate strong communication skills with all your stakeholders
- You have experience in working with people from different cultures and geographies
- You are open to constructive feedback and adapt / assess it accordingly
- You are honest, open, and committed to DNV’s visions and values
- You are open minded and willing to continue to develop own skills and others’
- Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*
How We Do It We Care, We Dare, We Share
For more information about your rights under the law, see : https : / / www.eeoc.gov / sites / default / files / migrated files / employers / eeoc self print poster.pdf Read more here :
Careers in DNV
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (hrrecruitment.
northamerica dnv.com). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially. What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid / remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise, we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV provides high-quality, cost-effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance, and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group.
GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures, and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory.
We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent, and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Last updated : 2022-07-02