Sr. Procurement Specialist- Remote
Help at Home Remote
procurement remote procurement management team people procedures cost compliance finance travel sourcing corporate
January 22, 2023
Help at Home
Raleigh, North Carolina
Help at Home is the leading national provider of in-home personal care services, where our mission is to enable individuals to live with independence and dignity at home. Our team supports 66,000 clients monthly with the help of 49,000 compassionate caregivers across 12 states. We're looking for people who care about others, who are willing to listen, lean in and make impactful change. Each role at Help at Home can have a positive impact in supporting our caregivers and clients. If you are someone who leads with passion and integrity and are looking to join a rapidly growing, industry leading team, Help at Home may be a good fit for you.Job Summary:The Sr. Procurement Specialist, under the direct supervision of the Procurement Manager, Homecare and Home Health, Shared Services will support the procurement function by increasing employee adaptation of current and new policies and procedures as it relates to centralizing procurement processes, managing vendor categories, and standardizing the Procure to Pay (P2P) cycle processes and controls. The Sr. Procurement Specialist will play a large role in evaluating new vendor partnerships in order to provide cost saving initiatives across the organization.As a key member of the team:
- You are flexible and can embrace change
- You value progress over perfection
- You care about your work, the team you're on, and the people we are helping
- You make it a priority to get to know the people around you build relationships with your colleagues and business partners
- You say what needs to be said, while considering how it'll affect culture and output
- Hold others to a high standard
- Serves as the subject matter expert on procurement policies and procedures.
- Identify savings opportunities for the organization, ensuring contract compliance, and other key metrics to ensure targets are being met and value is being delivered to the business.
- Performs analysis of savings to the organization, identifies contract compliance, and other key metrics to ensure targets are being met and value is being delivered to the business.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with all functions touching the P2P process (Finance, Accounting, Legal, Regional Field Operations, Compliance). Serves as an intermediary between multiple functions on various invoice related items as needed.
- Supports and drives change management initiatives amongst all functions related to procurement processes.
- Leads vendor management for new and existing suppliers as related to identifying savings opportunities, monitoring and streamlining vendor spend, and overall usage across the entire organization.
- Leads quarterly business reviews with top vendor relationships to review service performance and cost containment.
- Works closely with the legal department to ensure contract terms are favorable to the company.
- Negotiates with vendors to agree on advantageous commercial terms for the field support office and regional offices (professional services, cell/internet, office supplies, IT hardware, travel, medical supplies).
- Supports and reinforces new policies and procedures regarding procurement processes.
- Collaborative team member able to build a positive working relationship with various levels of HAH employees and departments.
- Strong sense of ownership and sense of urgency, driven, and motivated.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to manage the procurement process and build relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Ability to work independently and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and have a working knowledge of eProcurement and eSourcing tools (Coupa, Ariba, etc.).
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Logistics, Finance, Economics or a related discipline required. MBA or master's degree a plus.
- Seven (7) plus years of professional experience in sourcing and procurement with an advanced understanding of best practices and world-class processes.
- Subject matter expertise in various categories including accounting, finance, corporate services, facilities and/or IT.
- Strong understanding of financial measurement; ability to identify and quantify legitimate areas of business benefit (cost savings, avoidance, client satisfaction, quality improvement, etc.).
- Knowledge of internal sourcing/procurement procedures and processes, and of external/industry trends, and best practices.
- Detailed spend analysis experience, analyzing different reporting channels and generating high level outputs from raw data.
- Experience with Vendor management.
- Advanced experience with RFx processes and running complex competitive exercises; ability to Experience managing Corporate Travel programs and working directly with travel management companies.
- Experience with expense management software and online booking tools.
- Experience leading projects and building and executing sourcing strategies is preferred.
- Experience with Coupa preferred.
- Experience with Corporate Credit card programs and Supplier and Category management preferred.
Report this job