Coder General Surgery Trauma Remote
Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Department Name:Coding Ambulatory
Job Category:Revenue Cycle
Primary Location Salary Range:$18.32/hr - $27.48/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices including this 100% remote position. Apply today.
Looking for a motivated, experienced Certified Coder with General Surgery and/or Trauma Surgery experience (and must know E/M Coding) to join our talented Team. MUST have coding certification ( CCS or CPC or CCS-P or RHIT or RHIA in an active status) and ideally looking for someone with at least 3 years of current coding experience in these general surgery and trauma specialties. Our leaders and coders work in a remote environment. Even though we work remotely we have a lot of resources at our fingertips and many people we can reach out to for support. We offer schedule flexibility with great benefits. Lots of internal growth opportunities. Our Leadership team is diverse in skillsets and our focus is on teamwork. Come bring your talents to our team where we can learn from each other.
In most of our Coding roles, there is a Coding Assessment given after each successful interview. Banner Health provides your equipment when hired.
You will be fully supported in training for 1 month+, according to individual need, with continued support throughout your career here!
This is a fully remote position and available if you live in the following states only: AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI & WY.
The hours are flexible as we have remote Coders across the Nation. Generally any 8 hour period between 7am - 7pm can work, with production being the greatest emphasis.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position evaluates medical records, provides clinical abstracts and assigns appropriate clinical diagnosis and procedure codes in accordance with nationally recognized coding guidelines.
1. Analyzes medical information from medical records. Accurately codes diagnostic and procedural information in accordance with national coding guidelines and appropriate reimbursement requirements. Consults with medical providers to clarify missing or inadequate record information and to determine appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes. Provides thorough, timely and accurate assignments of ICD and/or CPT4 codes, MS-DRGs, APCs, POAs and reconciliation of charges.
2. Abstracts clinical diagnoses, procedure codes and documents other pertinent information obtained from the medical record into the electronic medical records. Seeks out missing information and creates complete records, including items such as disease and procedure codes, point of origin code, discharge disposition, date of surgery, attending physician, consulting physicians, surgeons and anesthesiologists, and appropriate signatures/authorizations. Refers inconsistent patient treatment information/documentation to coding quality analysis, supervisor or individual department for clarification/additional information for accurate code assignment
3. Provides quality assurance for medical records. For all assigned records and/or areas assures compliance with coding rules and regulations according to regulatory agencies for state Medicaid plans, Center for Medicare Services (CMS), Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA), as well as company and applicable professional standards.
4. As assigned, compiles daily and monthly reports; tabulates data from medical records for research or analysis purposes.
5. Works independently under regular supervision. Uses specialized knowledge for accurate assignment of ICD/CPT and MS-DRG codes according to national guidelines. May seek guidance for correct interpretation of coding guidelines and LCDs (Local Coverage Determinations).
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and specialized formal training equivalent to the two year certification course in medical record keeping principles and practices, anatomy, physiology, pathology, medical terminology, standard nomenclature, and classification of diagnoses and operations, or an Associate's degree in a related health care field.
Must demonstrate a level of knowledge and understanding of ICD and CPT coding principles as recommended by the American Health Information Management Association coding competencies, and as normally demonstrated by certification by the American Academy of Professional Coders. Six months providing coding services within a broad range of health care facilities. Must be able to achieve an acceptable accuracy rate on the coding test administered by the hiring facility according to pre-established company standards.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software, coding software, and abstracting systems.
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Professional Coder (CPC) in an active status or or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) with American Health Information Management Association or American Academy of Professional Coders is preferred. Will consider experience in lieu of certification/degree. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Similar remote medical jobs in topeka ks
- remote medical jobs jobs near me
- general jobs near me
- Medical Information Manager (Remote US) at ICON Strategic Solutions
- Remote Medical Coder- Hospital Inpatient at Guidehouse
- Healthcare Customer Service Representative - Remote USA - Full-time at TTEC
- Remote Speech Language Pathologist - Now Hiring at ProCare Therapy
- Analyst III - REMOTE at Health Services Advisory Group, Inc.
- RN/LPN Clinical Liaison (Fully Remote!) at Marquis Health Consulting Services
- Quality Analyst Engineer-Staff (Remote) at Intermountain Healthcare