Compliance Officer - Fair and Responsible Banking (Remote)
First Citizens Bank Remote
compliance compliance officer officer remote compliance writing regulatory officer stakeholders regulators business units loan written
February 25, 2023
First Citizens Bank
- The Compliance Officer will primarily perform analyses and reviews to identify potential lending discrimination and unfair, deceptive, and/or abusive acts or practices (UDAAPs), and describe the findings, recommendations, and methodology to stakeholders (e.g., regulators, business units) in writing.
- Quantitative Analyses - Performs analyses to detect potential discrimination such as redlining, steering, and disparities in loan underwriting, pricing, loss mitigation outcomes, and property maintenance expenditures using internal and public market and demographic data.
- File Reviews - Investigates possible concerns by reviewing samples of loan files.
- Reporting - Describes analyses/reviews performed, findings, and recommendations in written reports and meetings with stakeholders.
- Other Projects - Assists the Fair and Responsible Banking Officer with editing policies and training materials, performing risk assessments, responding to regulators and auditors, and reviewing marketing materials and complaints.
- Regulatory Expertise - Maintains strong familiarity with regulatory requirements pertaining to fair lending and UDAAP, and advises the business units on related questions.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience in Compliance, Legal, or Audit OR High School Diploma or GED and 9 years of experience in Compliance, Legal, or Audit
- Bachelor's and/or advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics) from a reputable school, with a minimum overall GPA of 3.3, and completion of at least one course in regression modeling.
- Experience creating linear and logistic regression models using statistical software (e.g., Minitab, SAS, Fair Lending Wiz), evaluating models, and correcting violations of model assumptions.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills, including at least four years of work experience writing advanced Excel formulas, creating pivot tables, and simplifying technical matters for non-technical audiences in writing.
- Consistently strong work performance reviews in prior positions.
- Ability to understand statutes and regulations, and perform independent research when questions arise.
Report this job