Entegral Senior Software Engineer - System DevOps - Remote
Entegral is seeking a motivated, adaptable, career-minded teammate who would like to utilize their skill set in a thriving agile-methodology environment. We offer competitive career advancement opportunities, a comprehensive benefits package and promote a work-life balance. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Be part of the Engineering Operations team where you will have autonomy to design and develop technological advances. You’ll work in a very agile and collaborative environment establishing advanced methods, theories and research techniques that support the technical vision and strategy of Entegral. We’ll look to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner. You’ll provide viable recommendations for new solutions and lead their implementation, ensure team commitments are established and met, and provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments. Daily activities include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture, improving overall product quality and integration efficiencies. Also, you’ll be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
Entegral is a SaaS business-to-business solution that enhances the customer experience from the moment after an accident to the completion of the claim. Entegral is an integrated software platform that enables communication and collaboration between tens of thousands of collision repair shops, insurance providers and other industry professionals around the world. Owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider and operator of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car® brand, Entegral complements the value of Enterprise’s acclaimed Automated Rental Management System (ARMS®) software by increasing efficiency throughout the claims process.
We are a remote-first organization with remote and hybrid employees aligned to flexible teams from office locations in California, Missouri, Wisconsin and the United Kingdom. Residents of the following United States are invited to apply for remote work opportunities, as these are the locations Entegral has business licenses: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI.
Entegral is a global organization that strives to provide an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive. Our products reflect the diversity of our team and we work to ensure that our products meet the needs of all of our customers. At Entegral, we recognize the value of diverse perspectives in everything we do and strive to ensure employees of all backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated into the fabric of how we work every day. We refine and challenge our agile mindset through various communities of practice, days of development, and innovation days.
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery and we welcome you to join our team.
- Significant individual contributor performing application design and coding
- Use open-source technology frameworks, such as Python, Go, Java to write, translate, re-factor, and code software programs and applications according to specifications provided by Solution Architects
- Work with Software Delivery, Enablement, Observability and other Product Development Engineers to assist in analyzing and resolving complex problems within a SaaS platform
- Participate in daily stand-ups, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile methodology)
- Develop and maintain automated tests, helping to improve software quality
- Participate in, and lead, design and code reviews
- Facilitate Paired programming or mob sessions, leading and mentoring less experienced engineers
- Understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects
- Work across product roadmap initiatives
- Lead level technical development expertise in software development disciplines including design, coding, testing, deployment, and software management and integration
- Work with various design and architectural patterns
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to influence product roadmaps from a technical perspective
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Committed to continuous improvement by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain complex automated test code, scripts, data, and associated drivers per recognized SDLC methodology.
- Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level systems
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Minimum, high school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Occasional travel to company offices or meetings as required when safety travel guidelines are in place
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated workspace are required
- Must be located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI
- 5+ years of experience in Python
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing in a microservices environment
- 2+ years of experience building containerized applications and services deployed to a Kubernetes environment
- Fundamental knowledge of networking, network services, system design, and system administration
- Fundamental knowledge of cloud computing and cloud-based environments
- Advanced degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field of study. Or equivalent technical experience in a professional environment
- 4+ years of experience designing and developing in microservice environments
- Familiarity with the Go programming language
- Experience creating applications in cloud-based and cloud native development environments (ex. Azure, AWS, Google, Kubernetes)
- Basic working knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience developing software in a SaaS environment using CI/CD and DevOps methodology
- Automated test development and execution (for example, REST-assured, Selenium, Cypress, etc.)
- Experience in an Agile working environment
Qualified candidates should also possess:
- Experience in an Agile (Scrum or KANBAN) working environment
- Demonstrated ability and examples of keeping current on technology trends
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with designing new methods and working with existing patterns in a previous role
- Experience leading initiatives or teams from a technical perspective
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineers
- Articulate and demonstrate a clear understanding of the aspects of object-oriented development