Clinical Imaging Solutions Analyst for EPIC (Remote / Level II or III)
We are searching for an Epic Application Specialist to focus on Clinical Imaging, Interface technology, and Epic Bridges. This position can be completely remote. This employee will be responsible for the ongoing design, build, testing, validation and support of any and all of these assigned modules across the health care system. They work with operational stakeholders and IT technical staff to troubleshoot Epic system issues and problems, capture requirements for new initiatives, and aid in the planning and execution of project plans. You will also work with end users to help communicate improvements needed for business processes and contribute directly to the success of the UTHealth mission from a technological, clinical, administrative, and financial perspective. You must have interface skills, and experience with Epic. Candidates with certification in Epic Bridges will be given priority. Any experience with imaging systems or HL7 data standards is a plus as well. Experience in imaging using ISCV, Midmark, Dicom, Dragon, or Aycan is preferred.
Basically this is a role where you need to have some Epic knowledge, and understand how medical devices interact with the software. We are willing to get the right candidate certified in this module if needed. So Bridges certification is preferred, but not mandatory. If you understand imaging in a clinical environment and have worked with ISCV (cardiac imaging) or Midmark (diagnostic imaging) that is preferred. All applicants must have worked in an ambulatory clinical or hospital area.
This is a completely remote role. It is eligible for full benefits including an outstanding healthcare option and a State of Texas retirement plan. UTHealth is a State of Texas employer, so we prefer candidates that either reside in or plan to relocate to Texas.
What we do here changes the world. UTHealth Houston is Texas’ resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That’s where you come in.
Once you join us you won't want to leave. It’s because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you’d expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
- 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
- Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both vacation and sick time – all of which equates to around 37-38 days per year)
- The longer you stay, the more vacation you’ll accrue!
- Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
- Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our employees’ wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life services such as...
- Free financial and legal counseling
- Free mental health counseling services
- Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
- Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals, cell phones, etc.
- Resources for child and elder care
- Plus many more!
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Epic Bridges Certification is preferred, and candidates with this designation will be given priority
- Work with imaging systems is a plus, experience in ISCV, Midmark, Dicom, Dragon, or Aycan preferred
- Exposure to HL7 data standards is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Highly collaborative
- Intermediate experience managing multiple projects
- Experience with Epic or other EHR software required
Bachelor's degree required preferably in Information Systems or Healthcare Administration.
Four (4) years of experience designing, building and implementing business solutions using information technology. May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215