Lead, Security Operations
Job Title: Lead; Security Operations
Job Code: SAS20221611-93577
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Commensurate with the position of Physical Security Lead, incumbent exhibits the dedication and expectation of excellence required of a security professional while working independently on the majority of responsibilities with minimal supervision. Primary scope and principle duties of this position entail performing a variety of physical security related duties ensuring the compliant management, oversight and execution of physical security operations associated with L3Harris Space and Airborne Systems facilities under the purview of Rochester, NY in accordance with NISPOM, ICDs and other governing directives/regulations. Includes responsibility for all physical security systems and ensuring adequate protection of company assets and personnel. The incumbent duties include facilitating and assisting the operation of the UL2050 Central Monitoring Station by contract security, contract security oversight and management, the L3Harris badging program and general facilities access control/security. In addition, individual will be responsible for managing the secure area access and intrusion detection systems along with our closed circuit television services.
• Administer and enforce policies and procedures implementing established Government and
Company security requirements. Ensure compliance with NISPOM, ICDs and Trade & Export
• Oversees the planning, installation, implementation, control and operation of security
systems to ensure continuous integrity of facility & secure area access controls.
• Creates and disseminates reports as required.
- Assist with software and hardware maintenance for security servers and computers
- Support administrator duties of various systems, including maintenance and programming
- Perform training for new team members as well as end-users of security equipment.
- Understand the differences between Access Control System (ACS) and Intrusion Detection
Systems (IDS) and how their components function to support security operations.
- Manage local databse for Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) checks, as required/requested.
Assists in investigation of procedural, policy and potential criminal violations, administrative
matters and non-compliance issues and provides recommendations to the Senior Security
Manager and/or Physical Security Manager
• Assists in directing and training of contract security personnel
• Collaborate closely with IT Represenatives to manage server upgrades and patching
• Periodically updates and/or creates new procedures that coincide with new or existing
- Provides ongoing performance evaluation input to the Physical Security Manager to aid in
negotiation with, adherence to, and compliance with all applicable contractual provision
relative to the contract security force.
- Monitors, reviews and follows up on shift reports as required or when requested.
- Establishes intranet, SharePoint and other internal computer accounts for officers
- Responsible for ensuring assigned Site SharePoint is updated with respect to content
- Originate, implement, and maintain contingency with respect to emergency response plans.
- Assists in the maintenance and planned enhancements/modifications of the UL2050 Central Monitoring Station and ensures continuing UL2050 certification
- Provides input to the Physical Security Manager to ensure adequate resources are available
to support required maintenance and operations functions (software upgrades, equipment
upgrades, service agreements, etc.,).
- Accomplished oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and time sensitive deliverables
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined and detail-oriented individual with ability to work
independently in a high volume environment.
- Efficient, proactive, responsive team player to process work flows as intended.
- Performs security related specialized tasks and miscellaneous administrative duties as
directed by supervision.
- Facilitates and champions teamwork and collaborative efforts among Security group to
ensure timely completion of group project tasks and responsibilities.
- Responsible for discretion in handling and the protection of a variety of personal information
in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974.
- 10 years physical or industrial security experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Security Administration or related field; or an Associates Degree plus 8+ years industrial security experience.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.
- Must be proficient in computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- A current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (less than 4-1/2 years old).
- Thorough knowledge of UL 2050 standards as they apply to a Contractor operated Central Monitoring station
- Technical Services Group (TSG) hardware/software knowledge and/or experience.
- Matrix hardware/software knowledge and/or experience.
- Genetec Camera Systems and patching