Mechanical Engineer - Hiring Immediately
This ME will project manage and lead HVAC and plumbing system projects. He/she will also perform project related responsibilities including: facility assessments, feasibility studies, scope and criteria development, specifications, design, construction administration, and cost estimates. This position also includes the review of installation of mechanical systems for compliance with construction documents and other field support during construction. Will travel to job sites when needed (25-30% of time) and this job can be a remote position, and can work out of any of these cities: Detroit, Lansing, Chicago, Columbus, Cincinnati, Lexington, Knoxville, Pittsburgh, or any other large city in the MW.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• oversee heating-ventilation-cooling systems and plumbing systems upgrades/changes/repairs on US post office buildings, mainly in the MW and NE parts of the country.
• Load calculations, life cycle costing and energy modeling.
• Coordinate with other disciplines and work in a team environment.
• Review installation of designed equipment/systems for compliance with construction documents.
• Perform duties for multiple concurrent projects within the established schedules.
• Work on a wide variety of project types, scales and complexity.
• Prepare construction cost estimates, both in a broad and detailed scope
• Assist in developing feasibility studies, scoping documents, criteria development, and facility assessments.
• Assist in the development of contract specifications and research the application of new procedures and/or products.
• Perform mechanical design assignments requiring solid understanding of engineering principles and the exercise of professional judgment.
• Research code issues and work with City, State, and County officials.
mechanical engineering, hvac, plumbing, project management, Design, revit, professional engineer
Top Skills Details:
mechanical engineering,hvac,plumbing,project management,Design
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
BSME or similar
3 plus years of HVAC and Plumbing project management experience
Ability to travel up to 40% of time, regionally and some nationally
LEED AP and/or Commissioning credentials
Experience with neighboring states' codes
Experience working on publicly-funded and municipal projects
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Similar mechanical engineering jobs in livonia mi
- mechanical engineering jobs jobs near me
- mechanical engineer jobs near me
- Mechanical Engineer at Delta Electronics Americas
- Mechanical Engineer at +Vantage Corporation -
- Senior Mechanical Engineer at Oakland Industries
- Mechanical Engineering Technician at ZF
- Mechanical Designer at Aegis WW
- Mechanical Designer at Oakland Industries
- Mechanical Engineering Co-op at ZF