Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Medicine M&D-Immuno/Rheum Div
8 AM-5 PM
With minimal direction and considerable latitude for independent judgment, performs complex secretarial and administrative duties in a fast-paced environment in support of clinical, educational, and academic programs. Responsible for the Division Chief’s time and calendar management, travel arrangements for meetings, lectures, etc, optimizing the Chief’s patient schedule, and coordination of patient care and information/data support.
- Uses discretion and knowledge of Division priorities and strategic plans to manage the Division Chief’s time, appointments and meetings. Chooses and recommends among competing demands and scheduling conflicts. Interfaces with organizations, hospitals and others regarding invited lectures and speaking engagements for the Chief. Uses discretion and knowledge of Division priorities to schedule speaking engagements. Arranges travel, conference registration, and hotel accommodations. Frequently anticipates and relays the Division Chief’s instructions, preferences, and concerns.
- Uses knowledge of University Policy, Federal Regulation and Sponsor policies to submit accurate expense reports on behalf of the Chief. Creates and maintains tracking of travel and CME expenses for the Chief.
- Frequently prepares, edits and obtains signatures for letters and forms related to the Chief’s HR and administrative duties, including but not limited to, faculty appointments, and faculty reimbursements. This includes compiling all necessary information and drafts for the Chief’s signature. Represents the Division Chief, interacting with University officials, faculty, staff, patients, and individuals both inside and outside of the University community. Serves as primary contact for the Division Chief; Resource to internal and external queries. Responsible for the security of confidential information and files, gathers pertinent information for the preparation of grants, research reports, teaching materials, and administrative reports. Manages the Chief’s documentation and information. Composes and types non-routine correspondence providing factual information.
- Edits and maintains systems (ie Med Hub, Dimensions) and tracks progress of residents; Creates and maintains call, clinic and conference assignment schedules for those residents assigned to the AIR rotation each year; Ensure completion of AIR rotation requirements by IM/MP residents; schedule and maintain Friday resident/fellow “learn” sessions including ensuring all materials are up-to-date and available.
- Edit and maintain new information for curriculum; Ensure completion of AIR rotation requirements by students; Edit/maintain/distribute schedules for medical students on the AIR rotation, monthly updating of schedules and other information on Blackboard; Other needs as applicable pertaining to medical student education.
- Develops and maintains the physician on-service schedule. Communicates changes to appropriate Division personnel as needed. Ensures optimal patient scheduling by collaborating with the Nurse Manager and Practice Manager to identify conflicts between the on-service schedule and other clinic schedules.
- College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training required
- 1 year of relevant administrative experience required
- Demonstrated customer relation skills and time management skills preferred
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Similar administrative assistant/receptionist jobs in rochester ny
- administrative assistant/receptionist jobs jobs near me
- administrative assistant jobs near me
- Receptionist/Admin at Law Offices of Pullano & Farrow PLLC
- Tax Office Assistant - Part-time at Park Central Tax Office
- Medical Receptionist at Dermatology Associates of Rochester
- Office Assistant/Receptionist at Lilac Vision Care
- Secretary/Receptionist at University of Rochester
- RECEPTIONIST / ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FLOAT at Mary Cariola Children's Center
- Receptionist/Administrative Assistant at FINGER LAKES CASTLE