Project Manager - Broadband (Remote)
Who We Are
Michael Baker International (Michael Baker) is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker's more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit
Michael Baker is a national leader in technology solutions supporting clients in local, regional, state, and national government to solve complex problems with advanced technologies for the 21st century. This position would be directly supporting the firm's nationwide broadband planning and implementation work performed within Michael Baker's Consulting and Technology Solutions (CTS) team, which includes Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) and GIS; DATAMARK, the public safety GIS arm of Michael Baker; Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR); Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) and Pavement Technologies. The CTS team is comprised of nearly 200 technology experts focusing on technology differentiation and innovation to support Michael Baker's growth initiatives.
Michael Baker's broadband initiative offers a balanced mix of technical expertise along with project experience applying innovative technologies and processes to complex projects with government clients and in the private sector. Our broadband team has substantial experience in broadband planning, program management, mapping, and data verification on numerous statewide broadband projects. We also provide technical support and consulting services for broadband planning and program management to clients at various local, regional, statewide, and national levels. Our broadband team is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Project Manager for its fast-growing CTS team to play a critical role managing and executing broadband projects within its Project Management Office (PMO). Articulate, concise and consistent communication is essential for working with leadership and with project staff to outline workplans, assign duties, responsibilities, quality control and scope of authority, all the while ensuring project milestones and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed scope, schedule and budget parameters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Broadband Program Manager and assist in all aspects of various broadband projects.
- Manage multiple broadband projects concurrently, while maintaining responsibility for project planning, development and monitoring of schedules, budgets/costs, status, and progress reports using project management software.
- Delegate tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them and monitor the progress.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget. Generate progress reports and invoices.
- Establish and maintain project progress measurement systems for assigned projects by closely monitoring project budgets, schedules, and deliverables.
- Serve in a client facing project management and relationship management role offering and supporting all our broadband services.
- Build rapport and establish positive relationships with existing and prospective Michael Baker clients to ensure client-focused performance.
- Leverage existing relationships to help create new opportunities for Michael Baker.
- Provide feedback from clients to Michael Baker cross-functional and related teams to continually advance and progress its suite of broadband planning and mapping applications.
- Possess a proficient understanding of broadband mapping, technology, funding options, digital equity, and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience having successfully managed broadband projects and tasks with minimal oversight, and a proven ability to prioritize multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Other essential skills include creative problem-solving, organizational skills, financial project management skills, and a solid understanding of broadband project development, implementation, and execution.
- Demonstrated ability for maintaining client relations.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with teams across the nation is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Consulting experience highly desirable
- Support for proposal writing may be expected.
- Remote working is allowable within the lower 48 states. Eastern time zone is preferred but not required.
- Some travel is expected.
- 5 - 7 years related and relevant experience
- Four-year or advanced degree in geography, GIS, public safety, engineering, planning, computer science or related field.
The salary range for this position is $98,000-$155,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
This is a remote position.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits