Electrical Engineer – Distributed Energy Resources (Hybrid or Remote)
Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company, is a leader in Sustainable Design. Our mission is to engineer and commission green buildings that work.
We look for people who want to join us in stepping boldly toward the challenge of reducing the carbon output of buildings through intelligent, data-driven building design. Our world-class design teams have delivered a growing portfolio of net-zero energy and net-zero water buildings across market sectors and are working to decarbonize the building stock of some of the largest companies and universities in the world. Glumac is a place where you can apply your passion and make a tangible impact on the communities we live in.
The challenge is steep, but the opportunities are endless. Join us!
Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company is seeking an Electrical Engineer with Distributed Energy Resources project experience to join our world-class Electrical Team. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a global leader in building engineering committed to combatting climate change through decarbonization, electrification, and resilient design.
You are a team player who has top-notch experience providing design and implementation for multiple forms of renewable energy sources including but not limited to PV, wind, solar, battery storage, and EV charging. You understand master planning needs for large-scale EV fleet designs and thrive in designing medium voltage (2.4 kV to 35 kV distribution) power generation including power distribution systems (generator backup, ATS, MTS). You are a leader who excels at providing consulting services with Clients on next-generation technologies and integrating them into projects. This position will work closely with our Building Science group to expand Glumac's portfolio of Distributed Energy projects.
For this role, Glumac offers the freedom and flexibility to work remotely while still engaging people and culture for a deep sense of belonging. We are honored to promote a culture of acceptable risk-taking, creativity, and innovation and we reward our people. Come contribute to meaningful work at Glumac!
This role will entail:
- Lead design and technical analysis for battery energy storage, distributed energy resources (DER's), and microgrid design.
- Perform load flow studies to understand the effects of renewable energy on a power system. Provide designs for required relaying/metering, switchgear design, and specification of the system.
- Design and plan electrical power systems for all types of projects including but not limited to: industrial and manufacturing facilities, hospitals, laboratories, high-rise offices, educational facilities, and other commercial and institutional projects.
- Design and specification of power and control systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing, and selection, performing calculations of lighting systems and associated controls for assigned projects.
- Electrical utility resilience planning and long-term master planning.
- Ably to facilitate discussions with the Owner around decisions for future-proofing large-scale electrification infrastructure.
What You Bring - Qualifications
Impact, Innovation, and Inclusivity should be core values. The qualifications you bring include:
- 10+ years of experience with technical lead and design experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Current Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.
- Knowledge of codes, standards, and financial incentives for alternative energy systems
- Knowledge in REVIT.
- Familiarity with microgrid/DER analysis software.
- Experience with short circuit/coordination/arc flash software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience helping to maintain successful Client relationships.
- Ability to mentor and train young engineers, reviewing their work and giving appropriate feedback to ensure quality control.
- Ability to select and coordinate racking/anchorage systems for California Division of State Architect projects is a plus.
- Experience developing engineering fees for projects is a plus.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Sustainable design experience is a plus
- LEED Accreditation is a plus.
- WELL is a plus.
Salary Range: $150,000 - $175,000
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the proposed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Glumac's total compensation package for employees.
About Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company
Glumac is a globally recognized leader in sustainable building design. With more than 50 years of experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Energy Analysis, Sustainability Consulting, and Building Commissioning, we operate at the forefront of sustainability in the built environment and are looking for people to join our ever-growing global team.
Working within the Tetra Tech family of companies provides Glumac access to knowledge, resources, and experience from a diverse group of engineering experts in a broad range of practices, allowing us to deliver best-in-class service and design to clients worldwide. The technical expertise, cutting-edge thought leadership, and a near-century of combined experience shared throughout Tetra Tech uniquely positions Glumac to meet any client need.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world and 21,000 employees. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
With Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting .
For more information on our company, please visit our website at , , and . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at #open-positions or .
We thank all applicants for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including but not limited to, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized the equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor, and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies.
Similar design engineer i jobs in garland tx
- design engineer i jobs jobs near me
- electrical engineer jobs near me
- Design Engineer at Anchor Talent & Consulting
- REMOTE PCB Design Engineer- PCB- Analog- Digital at CyberCoders
- Remote SR Mechanical Design Engineer at Jobot
- Design Engineer II (Remote if local to Kansas or Missouri) at AVI-SPL
- Civil Designer at TechniPower, Inc.
- Electronic Design Engineer at Kelly Engineering Resources
- Principal Design Engineer - ASIC - Remote with some travel at Northrop Grumman