REMOTE Cloud Engineer
Insight Global is hiring a Remote Cloud Engineer to join a Federal Program focused on advancing Water Prediction and Analysis for US based rivers, lakes, and coastlines. The mission is to help protect life and property across the country, by performing analysis of current water metrics combined with expected weather patterns.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will help bring the existing Linux OS based Infrastructure (1200 servers) into an AWS based cloud solution. Right now, only about 5% of the existing infrastructure is deployed to AWS, but the primary focus is to increase that over the next 2 years. You will be responsible for managing and configuring the security of the infrastructure while migrating to AWS and facilitating the migration to the cloud as a whole.
This position requires you to work closely with the Development team (Java based API/Microservices applications) and the Linux Engineering/DevOps team.
-Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of experience in Cloud Engineering roles
-Experience migrating on-prem (Linux) to the cloud (AWS)
-Knowledge of security best practices; how to read Tenable/Nessus reports, POA&M's, and how to implement STIG's.
-Ability to script and write playbooks in Ansible
-Experience with Docker and containers
-Experience with Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, Ansible, Puppet, Kubernetes, and VMWare.
-Ability to travel 5-10% to Tuscaloosa, AL
Similar jobs near me
- Starting a Career of a Restaurant Server: Job Description and Responsibilities
- How To Land a Job As a Server: 7 Worth Considering Points
- Beyond the Dining Room: Exploring Career Paths and the Job Market for Restaurant Servers
- Behind the Scenes: Exploring the Dynamic Job Environment of Restaurant Servers
- Education for Restaurant Servers: Essential Training and Skills for a Successful Career