Senior Acute Inpatient HIMS Coder Remote. Job in Monterey Gr8Jobs
Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Department Name:Coding-Acute Care Hospital
Job Category:Revenue Cycle
Primary Location Salary Range:$23.37/hr - $35.06/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great careers are built at Banner Health! We understand that talented professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices including remote work options.
Banner Health is Arizona's largest employer and one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the country; and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. We have remote workers in 34 States and growing!
The fully Remote - Senior Acute Inpatient HIMS Coder Medical Coder position allows you to bring your 3-5 years experience of Inpatient Coding and grow! Requires CCS or CPC or CCS-P or RHIT or RHIA in an active status with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). You be reviewing and analyzing documentation present in the medical record for Inpatient cases to assign ICD 10 CM diagnoses and ICD 10 PCS procedures based on the documentation in the medical record. Knowledge on all coding guidelines and MS-DRG, APR -DRG reimbursement is paramount, along with abiding by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association. Banner Acute Care positions offer opportunities for growth both within the coding department, including roles such as Coding Educator, Coding Quality Analyst and supervisory/management opportunities. Additionally, as part of the Revenue Cycle team, there are opportunities within that team. In most of our Coding roles, there is a Coding Assessment given after each successful interview. Banner Health provides your equipment when hired.
This is a fully remote position and available if you live in the following states only: AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI & WY.
The hours are flexible as we have remote Coders across the Nation. Generally any 8 hour period between 7am - 7pm can work, with production being the greatest emphasis.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position provides coding and abstracting services for the full range of hospital services and/or complex specialty practice areas. Reviews diagnosis and diagnostic information and codes and abstracts diagnoses and/or surgical procedures on all inpatient, outpatient and emergency room records using ICD CM and CPT 4 coding classification systems. Completes DRG and APC assignments on inpatient or outpatient record as appropriate. Ensures ethical and accurate coding in accordance with all regulatory requirements and AHIMA Standards of Ethical Coding.
1. Analyzes medical information from medical records. Accurately codes diagnostic and procedural information in accordance with national coding guidelines and appropriate reimbursement requirements. Consults with medical providers to clarify missing or inadequate record information and to determine appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes. Provides thorough, timely and accurate assignments of ICD and/or CPT4 codes, MS-DRGs, APCs, POAs and reconciliation of charges.
2. Abstracts clinical diagnoses, procedure codes and documents other pertinent information obtained from the medical record into the electronic medical records. Seeks out missing information and creates complete records, including items such as disease and procedure codes, point of origin code, discharge disposition, date of surgery, attending physician, consulting physicians, surgeons and anesthesiologists, and appropriate signatures/authorizations. Refers inconsistent patient treatment information or documentation to coding quality analysis, supervisor or individual department for clarification/additional information for accurate code assignment.
3. Provides quality assurance for medical records. For all assigned records and/or areas assures compliance with coding rules and regulations according to regulatory agencies for state Medicaid plans, Center for Medicare Services (CMS), Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA), as well as company and applicable professional standards.
4. As assigned, compiles daily and monthly reports; tabulates data from medical records for research or analysis purposes.
5. Acts as a knowledge resource to clinical staff in billing code matters. May provide leadership and training for less experienced staff members.
6. Works under general supervision using specialized expertise in the subject matter. Works within a set of defined rules. Refers complex matters to supervisor, lead, or Coding Quality Analyst for interpretation of coding guidelines and LCDs (Local Coverage Determinations) for accurate assignment of codes according to guidelines.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and specialized formal training in medical record keeping principles and practices, anatomy, physiology, pathology, medical terminology, standard nomenclature, and classification of diagnoses and operations, or an Associate's degree in a health care field.
Requires Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) or Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administration (RHIA) in an active status with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Must demonstrate a level of knowledge and understanding of ICD and/or CPT coding principles as recommended by the American Health Information Management Association coding competencies, and as normally demonstrated by certification by the American Academy of Professional Coders. Requires three or more years of experience providing coding services for a broad range of hospital and acute care facilities. . Must be able to achieve an acceptable accuracy rate on the coding test administered by the hiring facility according to pre-established company standards.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software and coding software and abstracting systems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Similar certified medical coder jobs in salinas ca
- certified medical coder jobs jobs near me
- hims coder jobs near me
- Remote Medical Coder at Cypress Healthcare Partners
- Medical Coding Specialist at Amedisys
- Remote Medical Coder III at Cypress Healthcare Partners
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist at Monterey Spine & Joint
- MEDICAL CODING BILLING SPECIALIST at Monterey Peninsula Surgery Centers
- Remote Medical Coder III at Cypress Health Partners
- Senior Facility Inpatient Coder HIMS Remote at Banner Health