Clinical Validation Coder
Join VillageMD as a Clinical Validation Coder (Remote)
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Clinical Validation Coder to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Clinical Validation Coder adheres to and perpetuates coding best practices across the clinical organization. This role will be responsible for maintaining the highest levels of compliance in clinical documentation, regulatory guidance, and coding accuracy procedures.
How you can make a difference
- Complete retrospective medical record reviews to ensure diagnoses meets clinical documentation and coding guidelines
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately apply coding principles, as well as an ability to integrate an advanced level of clinical knowledge, to aid in capturing the patient’s accurate disease burden
- Communicate with physician about documentation opportunities and coding improvements
- Ensure compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulatory and accreditation guidelines
- Assist in ad hoc clinical documentation review projects
- Collaborate with the broader team to facilitate an environment of knowledge sharing and continuous learning
- Other duties as assigned
Skills for success
- Personal Initiative: Highly accountable, self-started, strong sense of urgency, can work autonomously with limited direction
- Emotional intelligence: Self-aware, successfully navigates internal staff dynamics
- Flexible: Ably navigates within ambiguity, solution -oriented
- Communication: Distills complex topics articulately to any audience
- Collaboration: Orient to team-based work, product, and results
- Leadership: Proven experience and desire to develop and nurture teams
- Humility: Low ego, engenders trust, respectful
Experience to drive change
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in advanced professional coding; HCC coding experience required
- Advanced level of clinical knowledge associated with chronic disease states and clinical indicators required
- Experience in retrospective, prospective and clinical suspecting coding methodologies required
- Professional Coding Certification such as CPC or CCS required, CRC preferred
- Additional clinical licensure/certification (MA, CPhT, LPN, RN, NP, PA) and/or direct experience working in a clinical care setting a plus
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records; Athena Health EMR a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with providers
- Technology savvy (MS Office, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
For Colorado Residents Only: Expected pay range without clinical licensure is $30-$35/hour, for those with clinical licensure pay range may be up to $75/hour for top level licensure.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.
Similar coding manager jobs near me
- coding manager jobs jobs near me
- validation jobs near me
- Remote Medical Coder- Hospital Inpatient at Guidehouse
- Medical Records Manager at Health Hires
- CODING MANAGER at Augusta Health
- Manager - Coding (Remote) at Stanford Health Care
- Billing & Coding Manager at Columbia University
- Manager, Outpatient Coding (CPC or CCS) - Remote at Hackensack Meridian Health
- Coding Supervisor at The US Oncology Network