ASSOCIATE PRODUCER (REMOTE/USA) - GRAY MEDIA GROUP NEWS
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray TV New Show Development:
This is a new show being developed by Gray Television and an opportunity to join a team producing the next wave of syndicated programming for the company. The daily show will include elements from InvestigateTV as well as original editorial content and stories culled from Gray stations.
The Associate Producer will be responsible for working with producer and reporters to identify, research and write stories for the daily show. The Associate Producer will need well-developed news judgment to spot stories that meet the editorial and visual standards of the broadcast. The show will be a journey across America through the lens of in-depth storytelling focusing on holding the powerful accountable, informing consumers and profiling the American experience.
Duties/Responsibilities would include (but not be limited to):
- Assist Executive Producer, Producers and Reporters by identifying and researching stories for the daily show
- Assist the Coordinating Producer in using company Bitcentral platforms and station websites to locate content for the daily show
- Assist line producers in the stacking, writing and producing of the daily show
- Work with Editors to ensure the visual standards of the show are maintained
- Assist management in meeting regular production schedule deadlines
- Digital/Social/CTV duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by Managing Editor and Executive Producer
- 3 years of experience in Broadcast News
- Strong editorial judgement
- Motivated, self-starter who is detail oriented
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with Gray management at the station and corporate level
- Proficiency in Windows-based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented
- Proficiency in BitCentral as well as new systems as they are implemented
- Understanding of digital CMS production and the ability to learn Arc as well as new systems as they are implemented
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexibility with travel and work schedules
- Remote work a possibility
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
3 year(s): experience in Broadcast News
Bachelors or better in Journalism or related field