Coder Physician Practice Primary Care Remote
PRIMARY LOCATION SALARY RANGE:
$18.32/hr - $27.48/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorados EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great careers are built at Banner Health! We understand that talented professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices including remote work options.
Our PRIMARY CARE / MULTI-SPECIALTY, PHYSICIAN PRACTICE CODING TEAM is looking for an experienced CODER WITH IDEALLY 2 YRS+ OF EXPERIENCE. This team has 8 members and works in MULTI-SPECIALTIES: RHEUMATOLOGY, ENDOCRINOLOGY, ALLERGY, PALLIATIVE AND INFECTIOUS DISEASE. As a team memberyou will experience a cohesive and goal oriented team environment with highly motivated peers. Banner Health is Arizonas largest employer and one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the country; and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. We have remote workers in 30 States and continue to grow! There is endless opportunity to grow in Banner and make a life and career here!
BRING YOUR YEARS OF DESIRED EXPERIENCE IN RHEUMATOLOGY, ENDOCRINOLOGY, ALLERGY, PALLIATIVE AND INFECTIOUS DISEASE CODING EXPERIENCE TO THIS MEDICAL CODER ROLE, CPC AND/OR CCS-P OR CCS OR RHIT OR RHIA CERTIFICATION(S) IN AN ACTive status, and have endless opportunity to grow in a career path at Banner Health! Production expectations are 9-12 charges/hour. IN MOST OF OUR CODING ROLES, THERE IS A CODING ASSESSMENT GIVEN AFTER EACH SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW. Banner Health provides your equipment when hired. You will be fully supported in training with continued support throughout your career here!
THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE POSITION AND AVAILABLE IF YOU LIVE IN THE FOLLOWING STATES ONLY: AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI & WY.
THE HOURS ARE FLEXIBLE as we have remote Coders across the Nation. Generally any 8 hour period between 7am 7pm can work, with production being the greatest emphasis.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position evaluates medical records, provides clinical abstracts and assigns appropriate clinical diagnosis and procedure codes in accordance with nationally recognized coding guidelines.
1. Analyzes medical information from medical records. Accurately codes diagnostic and procedural information in accordance with national coding guidelines and appropriate reimbursement requirements. Consults with medical providers to clarify missing or inadequate record information and to determine appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes. Provides thorough, timely and accurate assignments of ICD and/or CPT4 codes, MS-DRGs, APCs, POAs and reconciliation of charges.
2. Abstracts clinical diagnoses, procedure codes and documents other pertinent information obtained from the medical record into the electronic medical records. Seeks out missing information and creates complete records, including items such as disease and procedure codes, point of origin code, discharge disposition, date of surgery, attending physician, consulting physicians, surgeons and anesthesiologists, and appropriate signatures/authorizations. Refers inconsistent patient treatment information/documentation to coding quality analysis, supervisor or individual department for clarification/additional information for accurate code assignment
3. Provides quality assurance for medical records. For all assigned records and/or areas assures compliance with coding rules and regulations according to regulatory agencies for state Medicaid plans, Center for Medicare Services (CMS), Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA), as well as company and applicable professional standards.
4. As assigned, compiles daily and monthly reports; tabulates data from medical records for research or analysis purposes.
5. Works independently under regular supervision. Uses specialized knowledge for accurate assignment of ICD/CPT and MS-DRG codes according to national guidelines. May seek guidance for correct interpretation of coding guidelines and LCDs (Local Coverage Determinations).
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and specialized formal training equivalent to the two year certification course in medical record keeping principles and practices, anatomy, physiology, pathology, medical terminology, standard nomenclature, and classification of diagnoses and operations, or an Associates degree in a related health care field.
Must demonstrate a level of knowledge and understanding of ICD and CPT coding principles as recommended by the American Health Information Management Association coding competencies, and as normally demonstrated by certification by the American Academy of Professional Coders. Six months providing coding services within a broad range of health care facilities. Must be able to achieve an acceptable accuracy rate on the coding test administered by the hiring facility according to pre-established company standards.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software, coding software, and abstracting systems.
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Professional Coder (CPC) in an active status or or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) with American Health Information Management Association or American Academy of Professional Coders is preferred. Will consider experience in lieu of certification/degree. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Similar family medicine physician jobs in topeka ks
- family medicine physician jobs jobs near me
- primary care jobs near me
- Family Medicine Opportunity - Topeka, KS (Capital City with Family-Friendly Attractions) (Physician at Permanent Placement Resources, LLC
- Family Medicine Opportunity - Topeka, KS (Vibrant Community, Excellent Schools, Easy Access to Kansa at Permanent Placement Resources, LLC
- Family Medicine Physician Job with Ardent Health Services in Topeka, KS at Ardent Health Services
- Family Medicine at Delta Companies
- Family Medicine position in Topeka, KS at Archway Physician Recruitment
- Physician (Primary Care) at Veterans Health Administration
- Locums Job in KS for Family Medicine Physician - JOB-2605346 at CompHealth