Project Manager, Environmental (Remote!)
Leidos is seeking a Project Manager to support environmental projects across the continental U.S. Remote work will be considered; however, preference will be given to candidates near one of Leidos office locations in the following areas: Twinsburg, Ohio, Reston, Virginia, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and Earth City, Missouri.
This position requires the ability to pass background checks, obtain access to, and conduct work on, U.S. Government installations. Must possess a valid drivers license.
The successful candidate will primarily manage federal environmental projects, including CERCLA and RCRA investigations, feasibility studies and decision documents, remedial design and execution, LTM/LTO, and environmental compliance. The candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources for successful completion of project goals and technical objectives within scope, schedule, and budget constraints. Candidates must have experience providing solutions for complex technical and regulatory issues. Candidates will routinely interface with Leidos line management, program managers, and senior technical staff across multiple offices, as well as clients and external stakeholders, including regulatory agencies and the public. Applicants should demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working in a team environment. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Manage and execute projects within Leidos' program execution framework and procedures, including cost tracking, profit/loss, estimates to complete, schedule, and performance metrics.
- Define project requirements and technical objectives; establish, direct, and support project task teams across multiple technical disciplines; and manage project logistics and execution.
- Define requirements, oversee, and support preparation of project governing work plans and technical deliverables, including, project management plans, SAP and QAPP, APP/SSHPs, sampling and analysis plans, waste management plans, RI/FS, PP, ROD, RD, or equivalent documents.
- Develop exit strategies and solutions for complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Support proposal development, including technical solutions, management approaches, risk management strategies, and basis of estimates.
- Comply with Leidos and client Environmental Compliance, Quality, and Health & Safety programs.
- Prepare and present project findings to clients, regulatory agencies, and the public.
- Willing and able to travel to project locations to attend client and stakeholder meetings, conduct site visits, etc.
Education And Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Physical or Environmental Sciences, or related technical field and at least 8 years experience. A Masters degree and 6 years relevant experience will be considered.
- Professional credential or progress toward obtaining certification in field of specialty (eg, PE, PG, PMP, etc.)
- Management of staff, budgets, schedule, and scope under firm-fixed price and performance-based federal contracts.
- Experience with federal and state environmental regulatory frameworks, including CERCLA and RCRA.
- Interpretation and analysis of chemical, geotechnical, geologic, and/or engineering data to address project/reporting requirements.
- Experience supporting development of technical, management, and price proposals.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and experience with PFAS emerging contaminant issues.
- Prior completion of OSHA 1910.120 hazardous waste worker certification (40-hour HAZWOPER).
Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.