Senior Manager, Software Engineering, DevOps and Infrastructure- Capital One Shopping (Remote-eligib
At Capital One Shopping, we use technology to find savings opportunities for consumers as they shop online. Our organization is a lean, purpose driven group that's growing rapidly and looking for strong engineering talent. In this role, you would help us deliver innovative features to millions of customers and thousands of merchant partners through our browser extension, mobile app and web portal experiences. We're a group of passionate engineers with a bias for action that collaborates closely to solve Internet scale problems across our stack, including Node, React, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and Kafka all running on top of AWS. Within the Shopping space, we have opportunities across our teams for hands-on engineering leaders to take ownership of some of our systems and data processes that power our customer experiences across our product offerings while managing engineers. These areas deliver an incredible amount of value to our customers and generate strong revenue for the company and as such, the potential for growth and ownership within this space present a unique opportunity.
About the Role
- Manage a team of high performing, engineers and participate in recruiting efforts to help grow the organization
- Serve as a coach, mentor, and champion for the engineers on your team, leveraging one and ones, our competency list, and continued support towards future growth opportunities
- Work alongside our product partners to draft, prioritize and implement capabilities to drive adoption of our products while scaling the platform and processes to match the growth of the business.
- Utilize Container Orchestration services including Docker, Hashicorp Nomad and Consul, CM tools including Ansible and Terraform, and a variety of AWS tools and services
Capital One is open to hiring a remote employee for this position.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 8 years of DevOps engineering experience (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- At least 4 years of experience managing stateful, clustered systems (Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka etc)
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- 9+ years of combined experience in Software Development, Linux system administration and Amazon Web Services
- 4+ years of experience with Docker
- 4+ years of experience in Linux system administration
- 3+ years of experience with monitoring tools (Splunk or or Datadog)
- 3+ years of experience with Container orchestration services (Nomad)
- AWS Certification(s)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum Full time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.Location is New York City- $222,589 and $262,605 for Sr. Mgr, Software EngineeringLocation is Colorado- $188,636 and $222,548 for Sr. Mgr, Software Engineering
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at (see below) . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to (see below)
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Similar shop jobs in new york
- shop jobs jobs near me
- software jobs near me
- Buyer, The Shop - Home at Bespoke Post
- Store Support at The Home Depot
- In-Store Shopper (Online Orders) - Seasonal at Whole Foods Market
- M&M'S New York - Part Time Sales Associate at MARS
- Trendy, Upscale Thrift Shop - FT and PT Sales Associates + Merchandisers at Cure Thrift
- Now Hiring! Bike Shop Mechanic - New York City - Soho at REI
- Store Manager at Confidential