Copywriter - Now Hiring
WorldStrides is the global leader in educational travel and experiential learning. The company was founded in 1967 to provide middle school travel programs to Washington, D.C., and has grown to provide a wide range of programs for more than 550,000 students annually from more than 5,000 K12 schools and universities to over 100 countries around the world. WorldStrides offers experiential learning programs in educational travel, performing arts, language immersion, career exploration, service-learning, study abroad, and sports. Each of these experiences helps students to see beyond the classroom and to see the world-and themselves-in new ways.
We are seeking an experienced copywriter who is able to write compelling marketing and sales copy directed to different audiences and across multiple channels. The ideal candidate will not only be a strong writer and proofreader but will also be a team-player, deadline-oriented, able to multi-task, and able to pivot to write for multiple product lines. The copywriter will have overarching responsibility for all copy within their assigned businesses of the organization and will provide active brand stewardship.
This position will be part of the in-house creative team, which supports all the different WorldStrides products. This position will report directly to the Creative Director. This role can be fully remote or based in one of our offices in Charlottesville, VA, Vienna, VA, Austin, TX, Boston, MA, or NY, NY.
Home Office - US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Copy generation to support all major company assignments. Flex across multiple channels (e.g., email, digital/print ads, collateral, social, video, B2B/B2C), audiences, and products
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders to ensure on-target creative execution
- Collaboration with designers to create and produce concepts within deliverables that support and build our brand
- Review/proof marketing materials to ensure everything is accurate and error-free
- Maintain an understanding of all markets, products, and services offered by the company
- Maintain correct brand voice for each of our businesses, audiences, and channels. Actively flex as appropriate to the assignment, pivoting between long-form, informative copy and shorter marketing "romance" copy, serious to light, digital to print, etc.
- Four-year degree required from an accredited university. Minimum 2-4 years of professional experience
- Proven track record of developing persuasive marketing/sales copy/concept across print, email, digital ads, web, and more
- Experience with translating brand standards (including voice and copy tone and grammar guidelines) into market-ready messaging
- Ability to collaborate with the creative team and business stakeholders to produce high-quality work, on time and on target
- Extensive knowledge of AP Style and Chicago Manual of Style and strong attention to detail
- Impactful verbal and written communication skills and the ability to persuasively articulate the value of our creative work to company stakeholders
- Maturity and enthusiasm to handle a large workload, significant growth, and change within the department and company
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must provide an online portfolio of work for consideration
- Further consideration will also include a short assignment to produce a writing sample