Data Scientist Internship (Graduate Level) Summer 2023
Principal has an exciting internship opportunity with our enterprise analytics team!
You will work closely with experienced business leaders and data scientists to enhance business capabilities by utilizing machine learning, statistical inference, and data manipulation skills! We need someone who is curious, self-motivated, and result oriented. You'll be responsible for a variety of tasks could include:
- Building analytic systems & frameworks to tackle recurring business challenges
- Identifying and mining data sources
- Communicating findings to business partners
What key characteristics will make you a good fit for this opportunity?
- The curiosity and desire to dig to find answers
- Willingness to explore new techniques, tools, and data sources
- Collaboration skills
- Belief in the value of reproducible research and open data science
- Currently pursuing or completed a graduate degree program in statistics, analytics, social sciences (IO psychology, sociology, etc..) or related degree program.
- Knowledge of a range of statistical and machine learning techniques.
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA or better
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following: R, Python, SQL
- Exposure to data visualization concepts & standard methodologies
- Proficiency with one or more of the following: NLP, time series, propensity & uplift modeling, machine learning frameworks, graph algorithms
- Exposure or interest in Customer Analytics, Marketing, or quantitative research methods in Social Sciences.
Salary Range InformationSalary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Salary Range$29 - $31 / hour
You will receive a lump sum stipend of $3,000. This amount is intended to support incidental expenses you may incur as part of your internship. The Company will provide a tax gross-up on this stipend as a financial benefit, but is not intended to compensate for all tax liabilities.
Principal offers competitive pay based on your education level and experience, including whether in the past you’ve interned with Principal.
Internship location will be either onsite in Des Moines, IA or virtually from your location selection. Decisions on the location will be shared throughout the interview process.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-nonimmigrant-workers and https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-employment-based-immigrants
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Securities positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag#LI-Remote
Similar graduate jobs in des moines ia
- graduate jobs jobs near me
- data scientist jobs near me
- Graduate Intern - Facilities Planning and Design at Intel
- Technology Associate Program (New Grad 2 Year Rotational Program) at Wellmark, Inc.
- Recent graduate at Slingshot Architecture
- Graduate Internship - Computer Science (MS/PHD) at Intel
- Project/Field Engineer - New Graduates at The Weitz Company / Contrack Watts, Inc.
- Data Analyst (Graduate Student) at Intel
- Human Resources Graduate Leadership Development Program (2023) at Thermo Fisher Scientific