First Responder Sales Manager (Remote)
For more than 100 years, our passionate mission of safety empowers us to protect lives.
MSA Safety is a global leader in the development of safety equipment and pioneering technology that helps protect people and facility infrastructures around the world.
We are committed to providing the latest in innovative, best-in class safety solutions that feature integrated systems capability and allow our customers to return safely to their families and friends.
Every day our customers place their lives in our hands.
In response, we provide them with protection they can trust.
It is gratifying to lead the way as a source of inspiration.
Would you like to join our team of more than 5,000 employees world-wide dedicated to this purpose? We hope so.
Were looking for a First Responder Sales Manager with strong technical abilities to join our team.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Development Manager, youll demonstrate your sales expertise by driving the sales activities of MSAs Self Contained Breathing Apparatus, Suite of Connected Firefighter Products, Portable Instruments, Cairns Fire Helmets, Thermal Imaging Cameras, Firefighter Turnout Gear & Boots, and more into this Northern California and Northern Nevada region.
This is a team-selling position within both a well-established and high growth potential area.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
- Increase sales of MSA first responder-related products and GLOBE by MSA firefighter PPE such as turnout gear and boots, with a primary focus toward professional and volunteer municipal fire departments and other first responder related customers.
- Drive new business opportunities surrounding MSAs Suite of Connected Firefighter Products within distribution and end user market.
- Up to 30% of selling time will be spent training/working with fire service distributors on how to sell all of MSA's product lines focusing 70% of selling time within first responder market.
- Develop and manage the business-to-business relationships with regional distribution partners.
- Maintain active working relationships with the regions largest end-users and focus on developing and closing opportunities at all top 30 accounts with special focus on competitive conversions.
- Partner with other team members and channel partners to support in service product training and other new product implementation activities at end user fire departments.
- Manage and strengthen key organization relationships with Fire Chiefs, firefighters, labor, etc.
- Communicate effectively voice of customer (VOC) feedback into our new product development process and to other stakeholders.
- Coordinate/motivate sales and service coverage within distribution network.
- Report trends/conditions, competitive activity and sales opportunities into a CRM program.
Special knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Demonstrated selling and customer account management skills in firefighter PPE, turnout gear & boots, including solid negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of understanding customer needs and developing solutions to assure customer satisfaction related to firefighter PPE.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Proven ability to guide, mentor and motivate others, including distributors of firefighter PPE, turnout gear & boots.
- Proven planning and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to grasp technical product knowledge.
- Proven success in training.
- Experience with social media for communication purposes.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks with little supervision.
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time within the territory.
Education and experience required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- This position is available at three different career levels based upon experience, education, etc:
- Level I:
3 years sales experience
- Level II:
4 years sales experience.
5 years sales experience.
- Bachelors degree in related field or educational academic equivalent (4 years of relevant work experience may be substituted for a Bachelors degree).
- Firefighter equipment sales experience including developed relationships with key fire departments in assigned geography.
- Masters degree in related field may be substituted for up to two years of relevant work experience.
Estimated Salary: $20 to $28 per hour based on qualifications.
Similar remote sales manager jobs in sacramento ca
- remote sales manager jobs jobs near me
- sales manager jobs near me
- Remote Senior Sales Manager at Marriott
- Remote Sales Executive at The MCS Group, Inc.
- Regional Business Manager (Remote - NorCal) at Teleflex
- Senior Representative - Outside Sales (Remote) at Wesco
- Sales Development Representative - SDR - REMOTE at Accrualify
- Hybrid Remote Destination Sales Executive at Marriott
- Solar Sales Manager Trainee at senga energy