Identity & Access Management Business Analyst
Job Title: Identity & Access Management Business Analyst
Job no: 521795
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Senior management: Vice President-Info Technology
Department: Secure Identity Services
Location: 100% remote
Categories: Information Systems / Technology
We do have full health coverage associated with this position and a variety of plans to choose from. This is in our **Faculty** category so note that when viewing the links about health benefits, paid time off, retirement, and such.
General Benefits Info: https://www.hr.vt.edu/benefits.html
Health coverage options: https://www.hr.vt.edu/benefits/health-insurance.html
- Premiums for July 2022 to June 2023 https://www.hr.vt.edu/content/dam/hr_vt_edu/benefits/health/Updated%20Premiums%202022-23.pdf
Paid Leave: https://www.hr.vt.edu/benefits/leave.html
- Annual Leave: 192 hours/year (4.8 weeks for vacation)
- Sick Leave: 1040 hours (6 months) bank with access to it day one
- Additional Paid Holiday's: 9 days throughout the year (listed on website on paid leave page below)
Retirement Options: https://www.hr.vt.edu/benefits/retirement.html
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Business Analyst reports to the Director of IAM Strategy and Architecture within Secure Identity Services (SIS). The IAM Business Analyst is responsible for working with stakeholders to capture requirements and feature requests that drive IAM implementations, partnering with test engineers and developers to define behavior driven development feature files, and ensuring the alignment of SIS services with business needs and security and policy controls. The IAM Business Analyst will play a critical role in the implementation and support of access control systems, will provide escalated support and subject matter expertise in support of the Identity Management Customer Support team as well as other customers, and will maintain service, process, and product documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to be a knowledge leader
- Intermediate level experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience working as a business analyst in an agile development environment
- Basic to Intermediate SQL skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and extensive experience working with business and technology stakeholders
- Intermediate level experience as a Business Analyst in an IAM environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Identity and Access Management business processes and controls
- Experience working in a BDD/TDD development environment
- Experience with ServiceNow and JIRA
- Experience with enterprise IAM systems (e.g. SailPoint, OIM, MidPoint)
- Experience with Directories (LDAP, AD)
- Experience participating in a cross-functional role-modeling exercise with both business and technical users to create roles that accurately reflect the organization's business and corresponding IT access authorizations to fulfill those business needs
- Experience in a TIER II customer service or request fulfillment team
- Experience in a Higher Education environment.
$80,000 - $90,000
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact India Eanes at during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: September 21, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled
Similar business analyst jobs in virginia
- business analyst jobs jobs near me
- business analyst jobs near me
- Junior Business Analyst at Easy Dynamics
- Sr. Business Analyst at Capital One
- Senior Business Analyst at Guidehouse
- Business Analyst Contract Position at BranCore Technologies
- Healthcare Business Analyst at American IT Staff
- Business Analyst at Virginia Dept of Taxation
- Sr. Business Analyst at Capital One