Strategy and Operations Manager
Why Join Us
User Interviews is a fully remote team and always has been. We are proactive about staying connected to each other despite not sharing the same physical space. Remote culture is real and we care about it—a lot. We're a team of doers. You'll be fully supported by your manager and team, but there won't be anyone peering over your shoulder. You'll be expected and trusted to take ownership of your work, and to communicate clearly and transparently with your distributed teammates. On a related note, we're very pro-feedback. From our users, of course. But also from each other. From individual contributors right up to the CEO, this is a team that is genuinely committed to continuous improvement.
About User Interviews
At User Interviews, we believe that the best companies in the world consistently deliver products and experiences that their customers love. We also believe that the only way to consistently build those products and experiences is to talk to your customers. Watch what they do. Understand why they do what they do. Figure out why they do things that seem irrational. And once you've done that once, do it again. Start having constant conversations. In short, make customers your #1 priority through user research. That's why we exist. We help teams set up those conversations, that research, allowing them to discover and embrace user insights. We specialize in participant recruitment and management because you cannot do good research without good participants, no matter how good your other tools may be. We work with hundreds of companies every month, including user-centric organizations like Atlassian, Amazon, and Spotify.
What You'll Do
User Interviews is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Operations team. If you love digging into data, identifying customer pain points, experimenting, and solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, this is the role for you. As our business expands rapidly, we are investing in enhancing our ability to leverage vast amounts of data to drive everything we do: ensure balance in the marketplace, identify ways to continually make the experience better for researchers and participants, understand customer behavior, develop and launch growth experiments, and more. The Strategy & Operations Manager is responsible for driving these efforts, balancing attention to detail with a bias towards action.
- Develop and execute strategies to grow and activate our user base, as well as increase engagement to drive study participation and reduce customer churn
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in business decision-making
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate processes
- Create and continuously refine experimental plans for defined customer segments
- Present models, findings, insights and recommendations to senior management
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and other functions to drive critical initiatives
- This role demands excellent stakeholder and project management skills, as well as the ability to both plan and execute projects and experiments of varying time horizons and scope with minimal guidance
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 1 year of experience
- Data-first problem solver with excellent Excel / data analysis skills
- Candidates must be located in the United States and authorized to work without any Visa sponsorship.
➕ Bonus Points
- 2+ years of strategy / consulting / business intelligence or related experience
- Some high-growth operations, tech, or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Experience manipulating and analyzing complex datasets using SQL, Python and/or R
- Experience designing, executing, and scaling growth initiatives and experiments
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Competitive salary- starting at 90K + options
- 100% premium covered medical + dental employee coverage
- Annual membership to One Medical Group
- 401k + employer contribution
- 4 weeks of PTO to start + accrue an additional day per year of employment
- Unlimited wellness days - Sick? Doctors appointment? Mental health day? We've got you covered.
- Flexible, paid parental leave
- Stock options for every employee
- $250 Office setup budget
- $50/month Work From Home stipend
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Performance-based incentive plans
- Awards for 360-degree recognition, work anniversaries, & birthdays
- 1-2 team retreats per year (virtual and in-person options)
We embrace what makes you, you!
We are committed to accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We build products for and welcome participants, researchers, and employees from a diverse set of backgrounds. These backgrounds include—but are not limited to—varied socioeconomic status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, race, ethnicity, age, neurodivergence, disability, and citizenship. As we grow, we are aware that this work is continuous. We will not settle for how things are, but rather strive for how they could be.