Associate Director Healthcare Economics – Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze provider reimbursement arrangements, design, and implement sound tools and applications to efficiently measure, monitor and forecast revenue from payers and reimbursement to providers
- Evaluate financial impacts of network configurations across hospital, ancillary and physician provider types
- Comfortable working with large and imperfect data sets making reasonable assumptions along the way
- Concisely summarize and communicate the results of complex analytics
- Work with cross-functional teams across the organization to make strategic decisions supported by data
- Provide leadership within scope of responsibilities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in an analytical healthcare capacity involving claim detail and claim analytics
- 8+ years of experience in healthcare finance, network analytics, performing analysis on large sets of facility and professional claim data for a payer/health plan or provider/care delivery system
- Deep knowledge of all FFS CMS reimbursement methodologies
- Intermediate skill level with SAS and/or SQL
- MS Excel Advanced skillset, creating Excel dashboards
- Experience working with FFS methodology, Shared Risk and Savings models, Accountable Care activities including opportunity identification and communication.
- Advanced proficiency working with queries, familiarity with at least one of the following business intelligence and statistical tools – MS-SQL, SAS, and Tableau
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant – and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.