The Coding Manager has the responsibility for developing, implementing and maintaining a data quality compliance plan for Inpatient and Outpatient Coding. Responsible and accountable for coding and DRG accuracy, timeliness of coding, and utilization of systems used to perform coding functions. Responsible for the development of education and training programs regarding HIM Compliance program. Performs random audits to validate accuracy of DRG and APC code assignments to ensure compliance with coding/billing requirements. Acts as a liaison between HIM and Business Office to assure timely processing and claim accuracy.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management.
- Minimum of 5 years of related coding experience in ICD-9-CM and CPT4 for inpatient and outpatient (including emergency department) records in an acute care hospital.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Coding Supervisor, Coding Manager, or Data Quality Coordinator of an acute care hospital.
- RHIA, RHIT, CPC, or CCS.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions.
- Ability to set expectations for staff and monitor delegated activities.
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Ability to use work processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Ability to solve conflict.
- Ability to listen to others and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and maintain a calm and professional demeanor.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others including legal staff, professional staff, and community and regional peers.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, and solicit customer feedback to improve services.
Augusta Health is a mission-driven, independent, nonprofit, community health system located in Fishersville Virginia in Virginia’s scenic Shenandoah Valley. Augusta Health offers a full continuum of inpatient and outpatient which includes Augusta Medical Center a 255 bed inpatient facility and Augusta Medical Group which is comprised of 40 practice locations and four urgent care locations.
Augusta Health recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran or military discharge status, and family medical or genetic information.