Bilingual Remote Counselor
Brentwood, NY (Long Island Outpatient)
As one of the leading providers in behavioral health services, Outreach offers an exciting, high-energy, rewarding work environment. Outreach is seeking a qualified part time Bilingual Substance Abuse Counselor to work in our Outpatient Substance Abuse program located at 452 Suffolk Ave Brentwood, NY. The Counselor is responsible for the delivery and implementation of long term supervision, support and clinical services to a population of chemically dependent clients with co-occurring and mental health disorders. The Counselor serves as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. If you are passionate about empowering communities & enjoy working in high paced environments; then this might be a great match for you!
The schedule for this position is:
- 10 hours a week
- flexible schedule
- CASAC-T, CASAC, LMSW, LCSW, LMHC or higher preferred
- Limited permit or clinical master’s level candidate with relevant experience will be considered
- 2-3 years of experience with substance abuse disorders
- Experience working with clients with co-occurring and mental health problems a plus
- 1-2 years of experience working in in an OASAS funded facility a plus
- Experience with AVATAR electronic health records a plus
- Experience working with individuals who are severely and persistently mentally ill a plus
- Commitment to providing quality services and outcome driven performance measures
- Strong networking and public relations skills with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders, populations, and cultures
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Bilingual Spanish required
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts assessments, intakes and participates in level of care determinations by gathering appropriate data, orienting client to his/her rights and responsibilities and program expectations.
- Completes necessary administrative procedures for admission to treatment and, as appropriate, assists in development of treatment plan.
- Facilitates admission/referral to other programs or agencies for clients in need of services not offered at Unit.
- Provide individual, group, and/or family counseling services in a professional, ethical and competent manner.
- Manages all aspects of assigned caseload during treatment, with special attention to appropriate levels of care and appropriate clinical interventions.
- Provide backup coverage in the event of other clinical staff absences.
- Complete all needed documentation and reports in a timely manner. Informs Program leadership (Director, Asst. Director, and/or Coordinator) of any problems or anticipated inability to meet deadlines.