Solution architect remote
Type of Requisition : Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain : Top Secret / SCI
Job Family : Cloud
GDIT is seeking an Office 365 Solutions Architect to provide services for our Defense Enterprise Office Solutions (DEOS) program.
This is a full-time remote position and will be supporting a long-term (10-year) contract.
As an Office 365 Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for designing, documenting, implementing, and maintaining enterprise cloud capabilities to include IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings for our DOD customers.
Successful candidate must have a strong understanding of DOD cloud governance, including CC-SRG, SCCA, CAP architectures, required to implement IL5 / IL6 cloud services for DOD customers.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Designs cloud infrastructure, virtual private cloud, virtual private network, relational database services, auto scaling, and compute resources to meet customers' requirements.
- Designs solutions for various deployment models (Private, Public, Community and Hybrid) and service models including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) and emerging cloud services to optimize the essential characteristics of cloud computing.
- Advises on storage and security solutions to securely store data in multi-tenancy environments.
- Collaborates with enterprise architecture team and other stakeholders to determine enterprise tools, technologies and processes.
- Establishes corporate cloud computing architecture policies and standards in compliance with appropriate security levels and governance in accordance with best practices prescribes by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS), Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP).
- Responsible for delivering an end-to-end cloud architecture solution across domains.
- Provide support as technical SME to assist with identifying and developing new customer opportunities. As such, answer questions, consult, and / or develop presentations for potential customers.
- Analyze customer requirements and business demands to assess design / technology alternatives and propose solutions.
- Determine skills mix, develop BOEs, BOMs, services and materials to deliver cost effective solutions. Document and review project work statements.
- Present and / or facilitate technical discussions with technical SMEs as well as customers and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate with vendors and assist with the definition and coordination of demonstrations and proof of concept projects to advance the sales process.
Required Qualifications :
- Active Top Secret clearance and SCI Eligibility
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field, OR equivalent experience / certifications in lieu of degree
- 8+ years of System Architecture experience
- 3+ years of Cloud Engineering / Architecture experience
- Expertise with Microsoft Azure.
- Expertise with Microsoft 365 management and configuration (Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Office Suite, AzureAD).
- Expertise in cloud service delivery models
- Expertise in developing, maintaining and contributing to technical and process documentation.
- Expertise in DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (CC-SRG) and SCCA Architectures including Cloud Access Point (CAP) architectures.
- Expertise with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks such as TOGAF / DODAF.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, growth-focused environment.
Desired Qualifications :
- Active TS / SCI clearance
- Expertise with AWS
- Senior Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Other Industry recognized cloud engineering / architecture OR security certification(s).
COVID-19 Vaccination : GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions.
We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between.
Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Last updated : 2022-11-24
Similar cloud architect jobs in berkeley ca
- cloud architect jobs jobs near me
- solutions architect jobs near me
- Cloud Solutions Architect - AWS/Java at Jobot
- Solutions Architect - Blockchain and Media at Eluvio
- Cloud Architect at Abbott
- AWS Cloud Architect at TechDigital Corporation
- Cloud Architect at Logic20/20, Inc.
- Solutions Architect ERP (NetSuite) at Pivot Bio
- Senior NetSuite Solutions Architect at Blu Banyan