Mechanical Refrigeration Engineer in Training
Hello. We are Cushing Terrell.
Cushing Terrell is a global design firm that is mission- and vision- driven in ways that make us passionate about people, environments, and ingenuity. Our culture has grown from our client-focus that was instilled by our founders, Cushing and Terrell, in 1938, and our team continues to thrive on the energy inspired by collaboration.
As a fully integrated firm, offering a balance of architecture and the full spectrum of engineering services, our firm commands unique resources to support our on-going drive to be an acknowledged pioneer at the forefront of engineering, architecture, planning, and design across the country – ranking within the top of ENR’s best AE firms.
At Cushing Terrell, we empower our people to be creative pioneers. Our business is built around integrity, design ingenuity, and growth – to shape a new world and to discover imaginative, responsible, and exceptional environments.
As we seek to invent a better way of living, we collectively put the thought of all that inspires us into all that we create. Cushing Terrell’s design celebrates the harmony and spirit that is born of the unity & growth, of our individuality, and our shared passions.
Ready to design with us?
If you are a creative Mechanical EIT who believes that environments can be reimagined through inventive engineering and are looking to surround yourself with a team dedicated to designing for the future, you’ve found your home.
As one of Cushing Terrell’s Mechanical EITs, you will work on Environments that push the boundaries of cutting-edge design as well as see great opportunities for leadership and career growth that will emerge with building and leading an integrated team in your regional office. You will be a member of a collaborative team of talented designers, engineers, and business professionals across our 14 offices located throughout the United States, to achieve integrated, forward-thinking, and award-winning design solutions.
What a leader like you will bring to the table:
- Professional Licensure preferred but not required
- At least 2 years of design experience with emphasis on refrigeration.
- The drive and ability to develop new business opportunities within the local market
- A high comfort-level with leadership and collaboration in all aspects of integrated design
- A passion for client-focused design
- A talent for balancing graceful communication between Cushing Terrell teams and our clients
As a Refrigeration EIT at Cushing Terrell…
- Has system knowledge of multiple refrigeration systems and is proficient with commercial layouts of refrigeration equipment, and hydronic heat of rejection piping systems
- Is capable of driving the development of refrigeration design from initial concept through construction drawings
- Can develop proposals, project estimates and design systems within budgetary constraints
- Performs and/or reviews load calculations, equipment selections, and refrigeration piping design
- Possesses strong knowledge of refrigeration rack control systems and has experience writing sequence of operations
- Knowledgeable about Thermodynamics, experience with alternative refrigerants like CO2 as well as standard refrigerants, and has an in-depth knowledge of applicable mechanical codes applying to refrigeration systems such as cases
- Expertise with fluid coolers, compressors, condensers, and refrigerated fixtures
- Experience designing cutting edge systems utilizing energy efficient solutions
- Develops project specifications
- Takes on construction administration duties, including submittal review, field inspections, RFIs, and change requests, when needed
- Passionate about LEED AP, BD+C or ability to design and support documentation of LEED projects
- Proficiency in a variety of software applications to include: Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office
Why Cushing Terrell?
Because we know that where you work matters. While the world has put a pause on what office culture is, and as our culture evolves into remote collaboration, our teams are still filled with people who take care of each other, our clients, and are committed to the Cushing Terrell culture: we work hard, we have fun, we love new ideas and new ways of doing things, and we encourage our team members to set big goals.
Professional and personal growth are equally important to us; we offer educational and advancement opportunities and are committed to the continuing education and mentorship of all our team members.
This position also offers excellent pay and a complete benefits package including:
- Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance plan with an HSA
- FSA dependent care options
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Holiday and Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Wellness Program
Cushing Terrell is an Equal Opportunity Employer, All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please call 406.248.7455. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you are having difficulty applying through an external website, please visit www.cushingterrell.com/joinus/.