Teacher Training and Professional Learning Coordinator
Hudson Global Scholars is an online education services provider to private schools and families. We partner with schools to go online safely and efficiently. We enable schools to use their own resources and staff, backed by HGS expertise, faculty, curriculum, and technology. We present a flexible program that meets the changing needs of schools now and in the future. HGS operates a variety of accredited online schools that provide partners and families with compatible education, affiliation, and articulation.
As a member of the Curriculum and Professional Learning Team, the Teacher Training and Professional Learning Coordinator will be responsible for the short- and long-term vision for onboarding of new HGS and non-HGS teachers through the development, communication, and implementation of engaging new teacher training. In addition, this position supports the documentation of academic policies and the creation of HGS school handbooks. In this position, the Teacher Training and Professional Learning Coordinator will ensure that high-quality professional learning content focuses on a data-driven approach and research-based instructional practices for K-12 online learning and for adult training and professional growth and development.
The Teacher Training and Professional Learning Coordinator will also support the efforts of the curriculum team through the development of new curriculum including collaborative work with subject-matter experts and instructional designers to ensure that K-12 course offerings are optimized with best-in-breed content and instructional resources engage students in relevant and high-quality learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in setting the short- and long-term vision and plans for onboarding of new teachers and their professional growth and development
- Design, modify, and facilitate new teacher training and professional learning to meet the needs of various clients and teaching models and with a focus on school needs such as faith-based programs, English Language Learners, and international success factors
- Ensure that training and professional learning aligns with partner goals, positive student outcomes, and the company's mission, vision, values, and focus
- Use a data-driven approach to inform professional learning and training plans
- Organize and deliver a schedule of regular live online teacher webinars on best practices and current research in collaboration with the Director of Teaching & Learning and VP of Curriculum and Professional Learning
- Support teachers in ongoing professional learning through the management of the teacher professional learning community and the planning and development of training resources such as videos, job aids, documents, courses, etc.
- Collaborate with the School Management, Teaching and Learning, and Marketing teams in the development, documentation, and communication of academic policies and school handbooks
- Participate in strategic planning for the development and revision of curriculum catalog and school handbooks
- Support the fidelity and efficacy of high-quality online and blended instruction for all Hudson Global Scholars' partner students and teachers through continuous improvement of curriculum, teacher training, and professional learning resources and resources
- Remain current in HGS programs, products, and instructional models
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- Current Teaching or Administrative Credential, preferred
- Minimum of three years' online teaching experience
- Minimum of three years' experience developing and delivering teacher training and facilitating Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
- Demonstrated leadership skills in professional practice
- Ability to use data to drive teacher training and professional learning instructional decisions
- Knowledge of current best practices that improve K-12 student learning
- Expertise leading staff development and onboarding
- Expertise in the development of teacher training and professional learning materials, online courses, and/or adult education materials
- Experience coaching classroom and/or online teachers
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Teacher Training and Professional Learning Coordinator may be required to work with faith-based school partner programs. A personal commitment to any basic faith is not required; however, as a professional in this environment, you should never speak against any religious beliefs or constructs.
Hudson Global Scholars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Hudson Global Scholars is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hudson Global Scholars will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
Similar training coordinator jobs in towson md
- training coordinator jobs jobs near me
- professional jobs near me
- Training Coordinator at Abilities Network
- Training Coordinator at Abilities Network Inc
- Coordinator of Educational Program Development and Training at Sheppard Pratt
- Medical Training Coordinator at Johns Hopkins University
- GVRS Policy and Training Coordinator - Police Department at City of Baltimore, MD
- Teacher Training and Professional Learning Coordinator at Hudson Global Scholars
- Training Manager at Transdev, Inc.