Environmental Health & Safety Consultant
Founded in 1986, KPA is a leading provider of Environment, Health & Safety (EHS), and Workforce Compliance software and consulting services. We succeed if our clients can send their employees home at night, having not experienced a workplace accident or injury. The combination of software, consulting, and training helps clients identify, remedy, and prevent workplace safety and compliance problems so they can focus on what’s important – their core business.
Help us help keep people safe and businesses working efficiently. Named as one of Built In Colorado’s Best Places to Work for four years in a row, KPA is made up of talented individuals working together for the greater good. We’re here to help our clients build safe, thriving organizations, and we’re looking for people with a common goal to help us do it.
As a member of the Risk Management team, the EHS Risk Management Consultant will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients in order to support their Environmental, Health, and Safety compliance. The objective of an EHS Risk Management Consultant is to minimize risk to increase profitability for the client. A professional, likable, persuasive, and customer service-oriented demeanor is essential for success.
While this is a remote position based out of the employee’s home office, it will require frequent visits to clients within the territory, including roughly 2-3 weeks of overnight travel per quarter. The territory for this position includes the Charlotte, NC and Rock Hill, SC area.\n
- Conduct onsite field audits aimed at identifying unsafe and non-compliant situations related to OSHA, DOT, Fire Code, and EPA regulations. Provide mitigation and corrective action recommendations
- Conduct employee trainings with client employees and management teams, and moderate safety committee meetings
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, auto dealer group management, and state dealer associations.
- Develop, implement, and monitor accident prevention programs, policies, and procedures to ensure continuous safe working conditions in accordance with State, Federal, and Local laws and regulations to assist the client in striving to achieve Zero Accident / lost time injuries
- Help communicate and implement environmental management compliance systems
- Assist with and/or prepare various compliance documentation as needed (i.e., Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Tier II reporting, OSHA 300 logs, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ID numbers, tank permitting, and Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans)
In the first 30 days you will:
- Inherit a customer service base and immediately establish relationships with Managers and Management teams across many different businesses
In the first 60 days you will:
- Complete new hire orientation training to be fully operational as a KPA Risk Management Consultant
In the first 6 months you will:
- Establish and demonstrate exceptional industry and regulatory knowledge through onsite field audits, employee training, and regulatory interaction
- Organize a quarterly visit schedule to maximize travel efficiency based on local and distant client groupings and service frequency
By the end of the first year you will have:
- Built strong relationships with assigned clients, providing exceptional customer service in support of their EHS compliance
- Support the ongoing growth of the company by working with your area Account Executive to identify sales opportunities with new and existing clients
- Promoted productive relationships with dealer group management for KPA clients and State Dealer Association Management. Maintains effective internal and external public relations
- As an EHS Risk Consultant, you are expected to develop and maintain internal and external relationships with:
- District Manager, staff colleagues, and other members of KPA management team
- District clients, potential clients, dealer group management and state dealer associations
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science/Engineering, Safety Studies or related disciplines preferred
- Minimum of three years of Environmental Health & Safety experience preferred
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Strong communication skills that build trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Effective report writing skills and ability to clearly document and communicate via email, CRM, etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and effectively and professionally deal with customers and external contacts to the Company
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, Microsoft Outlook, and phone/tablet applications
- Must have the ability to travel to client sites day-to-day, including overnight travel.
- Active driver’s license and ability to drive between client visits, typically 4 days per week. Driving time per day varies according to geography and scheduling.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to stand on feet a minimum of 6 hours per day.
- Ability to sufficiently receive audio signals to proceed with caution around heavy machinery, vehicles and other warning noises to ensure safety.
- Ability to perceive sounds at normal speaking levels, with or without correction, and the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
- Ability to see, recognize, and respond to potentially dangerous situations
- Ability to physically move in manners such as bending, crouching, reaching, and pushing/pulling items up to 20 pounds
- Ability to stay overnight in a hotel a total multiple weeks per quarter.
- While this is a remote position based out of the employee’s home office, it will require frequent visits to clients within the territory, including roughly 2-3 weeks of overnight travel quarter.
- The territory for this position includes the Charlotte, NC and Rock Hill, SC area.
- Annual base salary range between $60-65k
- Yearly bonus potential averaging around $6k
- Allowances for travel
Don’t meet every job requirement? At KPA, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply unless they meet every requirement. If you’re excited about the role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we still encourage you to apply! You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
As a growing company KPA values its employees by supporting them with a full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, Paid and Floating Holidays, 401k with Company match and immediate vesting, Company-funded Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Programs, and Pet Insurance.
Founded in 1986, KPA is a leading provider of Environment, Health & Safety (EHS), and Workforce Compliance software and consulting services. KPA solutions help clients identify, remedy, and prevent workplace safety and compliance problems across their entire enterprise. The combination of KPA's software, consulting services, and award-winning training content helps organizations minimize risk so they can focus on what's important—their core business.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do and why we do it. Our culture is driven by the KPA core values – Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Respectful, and Teamwork. Success will be determined by the capabilities, energy and character of the people we bring into our organization and the performance they achieve.
KPA, with headquarters in Colorado and teammates throughout the United Sates, is recognized as one of Colorado's Best Places to Work and Best Midsize Places to Work by Built In Colorado for 2023.
“To be ranked so highly in Built In’s Best Places to Work Awards is a recognition of KPA’s dedication to creating a team of outstanding professionals and our efforts to create a positive and safe workplace culture for everyone,” said Chris Fanning, KPA President and CEO. “I believe we’ve developed a high caliber organization comprised of passionate people who are experts in their respective fields and deliver great value to our customers.”
KPA is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, religious dress/grooming, color, ethnicity, sex (including sex stereotyping), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, creed, uniform service member status, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, breast-feeding and/or pregnancy-related conditions, age, protected medical condition, leave status, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
Similar jobs near me
- Employee Discounts 101: What You Need to Know
- Understanding the Basics of Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- The Importance of Developing an Effective Employee Engagement Strategy
- How Do Employee Stock Purchase Plans (ESPPs) Work?
- The Benefits and Risks of Employee Stock Ownership Plans: Pros and Cons for Business Owners and Employees