Business Systems Analyst - Remote
Gather, analyze, and document business requirements for internal customers. Ensure technology solutions align with business needs and strategic goals. Design, document, test and leverage solutions.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Interfaces with Business Stakeholders and IT infrastructure teams to define, gather, and document business processes and needs, and translate into detailed functional specifications for development. Performs business systems and process analysis or existing systems/processes. Conducts interviews and requirements gathering workshops. Ensures sign-off of all artifacts.
- Coordinates requirements for new and existing applications. Assists in testing, training plan development and training, support for users, and developing user documentation (i.e. web manuals, reference guides, etc.). Participates in QA process; identifies test cases; explains complex processes; aids in developing test plans.
- Develops detailed business cases, ROI calculations, value definition, cost assessments (expense/capital), benefits, and risk analyses.
- Coordinates project tasks and project life cycle phases for small to mid-size projects (i.e. defining requirements, documentation, and process flows, etc.) to meet customer goals and requirements.
- Coordinates communication with the client and prioritizes delivery of IT services.
- Conducts root cause analysis using knowledge of applications, interfaces, and technology for defect resolution.
- Assists with scope definition and implementation of a solution.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct “customers” of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Experience in a distributed team environment preferred.
- Database experience (SQL, Data Warehousing, Oracle, Informix, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with EDI platforms required.
About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help communities thrive.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.