BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST - HYBRID
Our Client, a leader in the manufacturing industry, has an immediate need for an Business Systems Analyst III. The position is located east of Pittsburgh, PA and is a hybrid work schedule. This is a full time permanent position. Ideal candidates must have 7+ years of Business System Analyst experience along with 5+ years of project management experience.
The Business Systems Analyst III role is to lead, project manage, and participate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications associated specifically with procurement and other assigned functions. The applications are efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements following the company's Systems Delivery Methodology (SDM). This position is also responsible for investigation and triage of application systems problems generating and compiling reports on findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions. This position will utilize proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help optimize IT system investments.
- Understand and execute to the policies and procedures defined in the Systems Delivery Methodology (SDM).
- Perform as a functional analyst responsible for analysis, solution design, testing, and production support.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing application systems; and, develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating applications systems across the organization.
- Lead and participate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Project manage systems implementations and enhancements to deliver them on time and on budget.
- Create system design proposals utilizing the SDM.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems; and prepare business cases to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of computer application systems.
- Create systems models, schematics, business process maps, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide documented direction to application system programmers and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, per SDM, to meet quality requirements.
- Provide orientation and training to end users.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to staff members and third-party resources.
- Write complex reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Organize and deliver presentations to clearly communicate information to others.
Business System Analyst experience - 7+ years
In-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of Database Management Systems, and more than one commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) application software system (such as Oracle eBusiness Suite, Workday, SAP, Windchill, Epicor) - 7+ years
In-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of multiple end-to-end business processes; process documentation techniques; business case development; and, proven ability to communicate ideas and concepts in business terminology - 7+ years
Extensive project management experience (experience managing a project from start to finish) - 5+ years
- Built detailed project plans and timelines using MS Project - 5+ years
Experience programming with SQL - preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Business
- Advanced University degree such as a Master’s in Business Administration, Master of Science - preferred