Director of Regulatory Affairs & General Counsel (Remote)
director regulatory counsel remote leadership remote business development director compliance team communication management drafting
March 17, 2023
How You Can Contribute
Reporting to Vice President of Business Development, this Director position will oversee ETR’s compliance practices, procedures, and contractual performance. Providing guidance to the Leadership Team, the Director of Regulatory Affairs and General Counsel will advise ETR’s Business Development, Business Operations, Finance, and ETR’s People and Culture divisions. This is a Remote position and can work from anywhere within the United States.
You possess excellent communication and relationship-building skills with colleagues, partners and clients with utmost integrity, courtesy and diplomacy.
You are capable of embracing the ideas of others and seek to understand others’ points of view in order to further our shared mission and vision.
You enjoy working independently as well as collaboratively to meet goals and deadlines. You are capable of using technology to effectively and professionally communicate with co-located and remote colleagues.
You are self-motivated and capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
You embrace a spirit of learning and curiosity in your work and proactively seek out answers and solutions to questions and challenges that arise.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- J.D. with at least one state bar membership and eligible to practice in your state of residence.
- Ten or more years’ experience in project management and managing and mentoring all levels of staff.
- At least five years’ experience in contract/grants management.
- Strong track record of competitive contract and grant projects, including writing funding proposals, developing work plans and budgets, negotiating and acting as liaison with funders, interpreting contract/grant requirements to project staff, and ensuring requirements are met.
- Strong track record of thought leadership and capacity to contribute to the refinement of governance, risk, and compliance programs with particular emphasis on the protection, secure handling, and privacy of client and research subject personally identifiable information.
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial transactions and handling complex IP-related legal issues.
- Excellent drafting skills and ability to adapt legal requirements in balanced, creative, and pragmatic ways, consistent with company objectives, policies, and processes
- Familiar with various health program areas applicable to the work of the ETR.
- Ability to assess appropriate levels of staffing for project activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the workings of state and federally funded projects.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to timeline adjustments and reorganize work accordingly.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information and records with tact and discretion.
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of computer software (spreadsheets, Microsoft Office Suite).
- Able and willing to travel.
- The use of a personal vehicle or rental car for ETR business will require a valid driver’s license; and proof of insurance.
Location: Remote – United States
Starting Pay Range: $132,400 to $161,800 annually. The typical hiring range for this position is $132,400 to $147,100 at 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
Working At ETR
ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, amazing 401(K) and health benefits as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. You will contribute to making a difference in the world!
Report this job
Similar jobs near me
- Employee Discounts 101: What You Need to Know
- Understanding the Basics of Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- The Importance of Developing an Effective Employee Engagement Strategy
- How Do Employee Stock Purchase Plans (ESPPs) Work?
- The Benefits and Risks of Employee Stock Ownership Plans: Pros and Cons for Business Owners and Employees