Consulting Member of Technical Staff - (JoinOCI)
At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI’s foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you’ll belong and be encouraged.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, and security. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives.
Do you want to build great things in a vibrant, smart, high energy team? Are you an experienced developer looking for a role to have a bigger technical impact? We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with cloud experience to join our development team. The ideal candidate will be technically strong and must have an understanding of large-scale distributed systems (cloud-based environments). In addition, they will have a good experience of taking a new major feature from start to release. This role will drive the technical aspects of our product definition, contribute to the product strategy of our solutions, and contribute to the development of next generation Platform system features for Oracle’s IaaS cloud environment.
As a Senior Principal Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that our cloud infrastructure solutions are designed and built with the highest level of scalability in mind. You will partner with other development teams responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing solutions within a distributed computing environment. You will conduct threat modeling of systems under development, ensure systems are built to align with security, identity, metrics, search, and others in the design, development, and deployment of distributed systems.
- 7+ years distributed cloud engineering experience in a software development environment
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in PaaS engineering.
- Experience developing service-oriented architectures and web services security solutions
- Development experience in Java/C++/C# as well as scripting languages
- Experience working with other cloud platform teams and accommodating requirements from those teams (compute, networking, search, store).
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences
- Comfortably in a collaborative, agile development environment.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design and SDK development, specifically within a cloud environment
- Familiarity and understanding of distributed computing and cloud-based platforms.
- Understanding of cross-functional platform feature areas in cloud platforms.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended.
Similar oracle jobs in washington
- oracle jobs jobs near me
- consulting jobs near me
- Cleared Site Reliability Developer at Oracle
- Oracle Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse & Operational Reporting Systems Manager at King County
- Cleared Site Reliability Developer. Job in Seattle My Valley Jobs Today at Oracle
- Senior Oracle Business Analyst (Remote) at GENERAL DYNAMICS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Service Operations Engineer 3rd Shift- (JoinOCI-Ns2) at Oracle
- Services Sales Representative V at Oracle
- Site Reliability Engineer at Oracle