Transport Engineer-100% Remote $50/hr.-$55/hr.
TEKsystems is currently seeking a Transport Engineer for a 100% Remote contract to hire opening.
Purpose of Position: Applies engineering principles to multiple sub-groups within the Technology Solutions internal departments; responsible for architectural design, development, implementation, and support within the company and/or between business departments that follow telecommunication industry standards using engineering principles.
• Circuit Design, TDM/FDM, DOCSIS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, TCP/UDP, CWDM/DWDM, xDSL, SONET, HFC, PON.
• IP Telephony
• IP Voice – SMC
• Network IP Video & Voice
• RF - SMC
• Nokia, Ciena, Fujitsu, MetaAssist, CommScope, Cisco WLC.
• Service Management Center (SMC):
o Core Voice
Essential Duties of All Levels in the Position:
• Ensures the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance in design, implementation, and support.
• Defines, designs, and implements network and/or system facilities utilizing standard engineering concepts of availability, efficiency, redundancy, scalability, and security.
• Designs and implements new solutions and continues improvement of the current network and/or systems facilities.
• Maximizes performance using network monitoring tools, troubleshooting network and/or system outages, scheduling updates, and collaborating with architects on optimization.
• Maintains professional skillset by participating in educational opportunities, technical organizations, reading professional publications, and personal use of technology.
• Provides detailed reports on network operational status, and milestones related to project completion.
• Configures firewalls, routers, switches, voice, and video hardware in support of network operations and projects.
• Capable of remote site support for off-site personnel and customers.
• Audits, forecasts, and manages capacity of IP addressing, bandwidth forecasting, hardware, software licensing, and hosted devices.
• Coordinates with project management and engineering teams on a regular basis. Supports and manages escalation events. Develops and updates documentation and support materials. Mentors’ junior engineers and technicians.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of standard network engineering concepts.
• Knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches, voice and/or video hardware, network applications and related technologies.
• Experienced in diagnosis of Layer-2 and Layer-3 data network problems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of IP address nomenclature, protocols, and routing.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create and edit network drawings.
• Ability to provide training to team members on technology.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment, professionally
Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued and contribute toward education required.
• Associate level: CCENT, CCT, CCNA, CCDA, JNCIA
• Professional level: CCDP, CCNP/advanced level, expertise with networking and skills
• Additional Examples/types of certifications:
Nokia, Transport, access, Router, Engineering, Troubleshooting, Telecommunication, Circuit
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Expected to be part of on call schedule after initial training.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.