Assistant General Manager
SupplyHouse.com, a rapidly growing e-commerce company in the plumbing, electrical, and HVAC space, is looking for an Assistant General Manager to join our Fulfillment Center in Dallas, TX! This individual will work alongside our General Manager to oversee and support our growing team and operations. If you are looking for a career that will allow you to inspire, motivate, and develop team members, this is the job for you!
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Farmer's Branch, TX (177,000 sq. ft.)
Salary: $75,000 - $99,000 annually
- Maintain a productive, positive, and motivated workforce - You are a proven developer of people, evaluate talent, provide performance feedback, allocate time and resources, and foster development opportunities to support the organizational planning process
- Ensure performance successes are appropriately shared and celebrated, and performance deficiencies are appropriately addressed
- Set parameters, develop goals, allocate resources, and establish effective controls to achieve goals, standards, budgets, and KPI's
- Assist in ensuring operational excellence across operations for the Fulfillment Center and adherence to network processes and procedures
- Create and maintain an organized, clean, and safe workplace
- Ensure appropriate product flow (volume and timing) to meet customer order needs at, or below, budgeted cost
- Model, support, and ensure compliance to operational standards, company culture, beliefs, and values
- Lead the Management Team, directly and indirectly, in searching for improvement opportunities using Lean principles
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in a high-paced operational role including, but not limited to, warehouse, distribution center, fulfillment center, or supply chain management OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in a high-paced operational role including, but not limited to, warehouse, distribution center, fulfillment center, or supply chain management
- Experience owning quality and efficiency KPI's, and scheduling a large workforce
- Experience leading and facilitating cross-functional teams
- Experience building and maintaining cross-functional working relationships
- Experience managing cost performance and DC/FC execution
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
Preferred Qualifications :
- Business degree in Logistics or Industrial/Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience working with automated systems (RF technology, WMS, Conveyor, and Sortation)
- At least 1 year of Lean experience in a Manufacturing or Logistics environment
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets
- We have awesome benefits - We offer 401k with company match, 100% company-paid medical insurance, optional dental and vision add-ons, life insurance, vacation, and sick days.
- We give back - We provide many opportunities to help our local communities such as our Adopt-a-Family initiative, fundraising initiatives for trade schools, and mentorship programs with local schools.
- We stay engaged - We maintain our company culture with engaging in-person and virtual events including our Core Values Weeks, Employee Appreciation Day, optional Out-of-Office Monthly Events, and clubs. Look out for our Football Knockout Pool, Book Club, and Craft Nights!
- We listen - We encourage collaboration, feedback, and new ideas through our monthly town halls, departmental team lunches, and regular check-ins with upper management. It is our priority to make sure you enjoy coming to work every day.
What our employees are saying:
- "I love working for SupplyHouse for so many reasons. The teamwork, the encouraging people I work with, and the overall environment is the best. We always have some exciting events being planned that we can look forward to. But most of all, I love how much SupplyHouse supports and gives back to its team. As an employee who has been here throughout the entirety of the pandemic, I am grateful for all of the things SupplyHouse has done to make the past few years as easy as possible for all of us. I look forward to my future with this company, exploring the many opportunities it has to offer."
- Danielle, Fulfillment Center Team Member
- "I started working for the company in 2016, and I can say with the upmost sincerity that applying to work for SupplyHouse is one of the best and beneficial decisions that I've ever made. The strong sense of compassion, positivity, teamwork, loyalty and respect that comes with the wonderful people who work here is both admirable and inspirational. The company makes it a priority to make sure that their employees are heard and innovation is not just welcomed enthusiastically, but encouraged. The company has also went through great lengths to make sure we remained safe through these very trying past years, and that is just one of the many examples that shows the character and genuine care that our wonderful management team holds. The company also holds pride in the fact that we have a very family-like atmosphere, and they find it immensely important that we feel like we are appreciated. For me personally, SupplyHouse is what I would consider to be a forever job. I am forever grateful for SupplyHouse being my place of work." - Alexander, Fulfillment Center Team Member
Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company