CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine's nearly 3,000 providers.
We currently have a variety of opportunities available for experienced, remote medical coders supporting providers serving patients at UCHealth, Children's Hospital Colorado and a wide variety of free-standing clinics. All positions will be responsible for the review and processing of professional charge documents and ensuring accurate and timely billing. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform accurate analysis of medical records to obtain necessary information for the appropriate sequencing and assignment of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codes
- Collaborate with providers in assigned areas and provide feedback to management regarding documentation issues or reoccurring errors.
- Utilize software applications and information systems to perform tasks related to patient encounters and/or services.
Currently we are targeting coders to work in these exciting areas:
- Surgical/Subspecialty Coding: Our surgeons are some of the only providers in the region performing cutting-edge and recent FDA approved procedures (both adult and pediatric) in all surgical specialties including Cardiothoracic, Fetal Surgery, Panc/Cyst, Spine and Interventional Radiology. Our coders collaborate directly with the Teaching Physicians performing the work and have been allowed to attend operative cases to enhance understanding of the anatomy during actual operative cases. Coders are encouraged to learn each specialty and cross-train with highly skilled coders.
- Inpatient Coding: you will learn to be well versed in almost every different specialty, you will work as a team with 7-8 different coders, you learn/read something new every day, and once you learn IP coding there is no aspect of coding that you couldn't learn!
- Emergency Department Coding: we have expanded our ED/Urgent Care sites which provides our coders with the unique opportunity to code professional services for both Adult and Pediatric/Urgent Care facilities within a teaching environment.
Here are a few of the many reasons CU Medicine is a great place to work:
- We offer coding education during regular work hours with FREE CEUs towards CPC renewal!
- Allcoders work remotely from home
Must have a high school diploma and at least 3 years of CPT and ICD-9/10 medical coding experience, including abstracting information from patient charts. Completion of a formal coding program + coding certification may be considered in lieu of prior professional coding experience. A background in a medical environment and extensive knowledge of medical terminology are needed. An understanding of Federal and State rules and regulations as they relate to physician billing is preferred. A CPC is strongly preferred. Completion of a medical coding test will be required to qualify for these positions.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The listed pay range (or hiring rate) represents CU Medicine's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting and is based on evaluation of competitive market data.
A variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, and education will be considered when determining the final offer.
CU Medicine provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions which take your total compensation beyond the number on your paycheck. Find information about our benefits here
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $23.10
- Max Hiring Rate $33.50
- Telecommute % 100
Similar remote medical coder jobs in colorado
- remote medical coder jobs jobs near me
- medical coder jobs near me
- Remote Medical Coder at Insight Global
- Medical Coding/Billing Specialist + Remote Nebraska at Lutz
- Medical Coder - Remote at TruBridge
- Radiology Medical Coder - Work From Home at APS Medical Billing
- Radiology Coder (Remote) at Medamorph
- Inpatient Coder II Remote at Centura Health
- Certified Medical Coder, Remote at New West Physicians