Remote Proposal Writer - Now Hiring
Our client is searching for a new member to join their sales team as a Proposal Writer (fully remote) focused on Federal Government Contracting.
Our client is a fast-growing ISO 9001:2015 certified Defense Contractor who supports customers in the Maritime and Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) sectors. We are searching for a person to manage their program and business development efforts for federal government requirements and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for Programs of Record.
- Develops responses to proposals along with managing internal and external partnerships and teaming relationships.
- Engages with customers to identify needs, issues, and desires within target Program areas.
- Work with BD and Sales colleagues to shape the environment through strategic customer engagement.
- Develop overall capture plan that includes technical, management, past performance, and pricing strategies and win themes.
- Develop associated marketing and briefing materials and present to government customers.
- Support oversight during proposal development phase.
- Collaborate with BD colleagues to identify opportunity gap analysis and identify partners both internal and external to successfully close.
- Actively be involved in solution development and have the ability and understanding of details to present on behalf of any element of the opportunity to customers or leadership.
- Oversees and evaluates projects and financial results · Promotes organization in industry trade associations.
- Able to handle Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) and Export Controlled (EAR and ITAR) Information.
- Interested in solving problems.
- 5+ years of writing and submitting government proposals.
- Proficient in writing SOW's. (Statement of Work).
- Knowledge of Federal Government Contracting with a specific focus on U.S. Navy, NAVSEA, NAVSUP, DLA, and JPEO-CBRND requirements.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFARS clauses.
- Understanding of Department of Defense Programs of Record and Program Offices.
- Familiarity with NSNs, Military Standards, Labeling and Packaging.
- Operational knowledge of and practical use of the Microsoft Office Suite, preferably MS word and excel and the knowledge of and practical use of the Internet.
- Ability to gain access to and drive aboard Federal Government /Military Installations.
- Attention to Detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Any business development experience would be an added plus.
- 100% fully remote.
- Salary: $80-$100k based on experience.
- Team make up: 5 individuals.
- No travel required.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.